How to Answer Novel Questions? Here are a few steps you can follow!
1. Read the question carefully. Ask yourself what is required of you. Underline key words or phrases in the question so that you cover every aspect required.
2. Spend about five minutes planning your answer. A well-planned answer is one which is thought out and organised. Points are clearly advanced and the line of thought or argument is easy to follow.
3. In other words, the answer should be smooth flowing. Your answer should have an introduction, a body and a conclusion. Do pay attention to paragraphing. You may leave a line between paragraphs.
4. Display a sound knowledge of, and engagement with the novel. Provide relevant details to support your answer. Do not make the mistake of merely retelling the story.
5. Remember, the examiners have read the texts. What they want to see is your engagement with the text.
6. As this is a language paper, focus on using correct language. Use simple sentences if you cannot handle complex structures.
(Image : RandomRemedy @ tumblr)