No new mobile operating systems at the moment can touch Android and iOS. If anything else is going to make an impact it will need to be completely left field.
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 4 previous comments
- john doe+1If there are only two choices then it's only a matter of time that things start to turn stale, and a new cycle begins...
The question then becomes how well can the two adapt27w
- Shame about Windows 10 , I really enjoyed it . Its lovely to use shame Microsoft can't be bothered to make any hardware. How on earth do they expect other OEMs to make phones if they can't be bothered.27w
- Everything plateaus eventually and that's ok but that doesn't necessarily mean it must end. It will only decline if something better comes along and so far I have not seen any indication that anything drastically is going to come and catch iOS and android off gaurd. Not saying it's never going to happen but not anytime soon.
Also with blackberry and Nokia it's that they wrote iOS and android off which was there downfall. If they took iOS and android seriously I don't think they would be in the situation they are.
I don't see the likes of apple and google standing still if new competition comes. I feel they are ready for change etc. We know Google is always working on new things and quick to adapt so I just can't see them being like Nokia and blackberry and allowing a potential future os or device take everything while apple and Google just relax lol27w
- Gee, the title really bends over backward to avoid making Apple look bad. I guess 'Android Outsells iPhone 5 to 1' buys you a ticket to Cupertino's PR blacklist.
Looks like the folks at Engadet also take pains to tiptoe around the delicate sensibilities of Cook et al, but at least they aren't afraid of Redmond or Waterloo:
engadget.com - BlackBerry's share of the smartphone market is virtually zero
- Worse scenario is Apple loses and all that is left is android27w
- Wow, you took all that from a statement of fact.27w