Our Google Glass Video has been watched over 10M times. Extremely exciting. We are asking for feedback and suggestions. What do you want Glass to be for YOU?
Project Glass: One day...
Project Glass: One day...
94 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 96 previous comments
- Glass can help bring information from your fingertips within sight ;-) If implemented properly, it can help people who need information to do their daily jobs within easy access. A good example are emergency medical services personnell who can receive information via glass and send information back to the hospital using the same device. I am very excited about this project!Jul 4, 2012
- I'm conducting research that examines the social implications of these wearable location-enabled technologies and educational potential of these devices.Oct 9, 2012
- I work in law enforcement and after watching this video I can see the endless applications to law enforcement. Is Google going to work on a law enforcement edition?Oct 15, 2012
- I designed and implemented my first wearable AR system in the early 80's. Monocular info overlay display, on-body system and software, etc.
The prototype worked very well and my invention specifications included many of the features that are more easily accomplished today (thanks to Moores' Law) and detailed years before any AR patent filings.
The initial test scenario was to rapidly identify and verify VIP guests at a Celebrity Nightclub and authorize their entry and escort map to the VIP room and private tables. Interesting that I thought of a "Social Engineering" application as the most effective use of the system.
Probably too much time spent at Studio 54 when I was younger.
The prototype cost me over $6K to build in parts alone and the nightclub business wasn't a viable market for such a pricey perk for their important customers. A doorman with a good memory was the appropriate solution to the "VIP's kept waiting problem" at that time.
I detailed many other expansive applications for the platform (and AR as it is referred to today) in general, some of which were tested, others that were only proposed in my notes and diagrams.
I demonstrated the system at several trade shows and conferences before moving on to other areas of interest.Nov 29, 2012
- Education. Think big data repository with unlimited access for Google Glass users that allows for location, facial recognition, video and audio capture, sensor data and other in an assessment and recognised prior learning context. Augmediated with task overlays. Love of learning made easy and accessible, popular,creative and affordable. Will be presenting a paper on this at http://www.veillance.meNov 29, 2012
- Not sure if anyone posted this idea, or even if this is the right place... Anyway, how about an art application in which the user can select different options from a pallet and trace or draw what they see...Jan 16, 2013