So i will give few things i learned while palying resto shaman over last 7 years ?
- Haste is your number 1 priority stat. If you want to be reacting you need to have this Chain Heal on 1.6-1.7 sec cast not 2.5. Spirit is next. Yes spirit is next.
- You will always want to take conductivity as this enables you to place healing Rain and extend its duration to about 50 sec giving you more than 100% uptime and MANA SAVING.
- Yes you have rotation, as basic things are keep ES on current tank (Tier 16 4 set bonus procs Absorbs so you will get synergy with Disc Priests and Resto Druids.
Yes hots + absorbs works amazing.) but most IMPORTANT thing is to use riptide followed by 2 x healing wave. If you don't have anything big to heal use this rotation. Yes its a rotation. Also more haste you have more you switch to keep spamming Healing Wave (you can say well well well its a cheap shit spell) well if its on ~1.5 cast time with GCD being close to it, and heals for 75% of Healing Surge while being 45% of cost... no cracks can be given.
- So your best spells are actually healing wave, riptide, chain heal and healing rain. Most of the time you will never use other stuff other than earth shield and cool downs.
- You give wide raid buff for master but shaman mastery is actually very very shit. You will never wants to go for it as even on most intense fights its a trade of. I can have 10% of mastery and 40% of haste vs 40% mastery and 10% haste, if everyone is at low health you need to cast heals fast. You need more ticks of riptide you need more chances for eathliving procs. And you will never have points to cap haste, mastery and crit.
- Crit is shit, on resto shaman and resto druid crit is shit, why ? becasue we are not holy priest and shit means not "lowering hps" but being unpredictable. And for healer not knowing how much you will heal is plain bad. So you easy, I say easy can assume all of the healing will from crit procs will go into overhealing. Overhealing is not super useful. Again you are trying to down boss not cap overhealing stats.
- Shaman is kinda master of smart heals, but you forgot to mention Tier 16 (this is 5.4 video yes :D ?) set bonuses and Tier 16 2 set bonus for resto is just crazy. You gain ABSORB from ES proc so:
a) you heal guy and he gets a shield
b) you double the ES effect
This ain't bad... its amazing!
- You forgot to talk about Healing Wave glyph... but you were talking about Binding heal like crazy in priest video. This glyph gives you same stuff, portion of healing from Healing wave goes to You. Another thing to keep in mind.
- Do we have time to DPS ? No, its not disc priest. Its better prepare, use cd's etc in "easy times" rather than dps as we will do almost 0 dps. Its not Disc priest 80-100k dps -> 0.9* that is not smart HPS with 100 yrd range.
- Cooldowns: Most of cooldowns are "not for you" to use. I mean good cooldowns. And thats sad, Bloodlust, Spirit link totem, healing wave totem, this is a raid cooldowns and requires smart use for encounters to benefit max. Just poping them on CD will not benefit you.
Resto shaman works great with resto druid in combo and with disco priest. If you can choose get one of them. More hots and more Absorbs will always benefits you. Resto shaman is a child of a love of resto druid and holy paladin. :D You can be on tanks! Yes you can be on tanks and on raid, on everything. But its best to have help of 2 healer either procing hots or absorbs. Disco priest is actually healer that complements best any other none disco priest healers :)
MoP healing is just like end of Wotlk healing was, "just spam", you can say its not but its is super spam. Shaman after buffing of Chain Heal can output best Raid Healing in my humble opinion (i know about holy priest solo healing garosh etc... but priest gets close to none bonus from haste and crit so they stack spirit nad a bit of mastery)
Shaman is also easy to plan and fun! shaman is FUN!
ps. Stack haste and learn that healing is more like playing chess or warcraft 3 / sc. Strategy.