4 Photos - View album
10 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 7 previous comments
- Done.Oct 23, 2014
- so the last revision I saw was 8... then it skipped to 12; what happened in 9, 10, & 11?Oct 23, 2014
- I don't print them all, but you can see rev 10 printing in this post:
https://plus.google.com/101277414399555769676/posts/WCWhCApE3YUOct 23, 2014
- Oh okay I did see that revision.
So how much "does it cost" to make each of these items?
Assuming the printer is already a sunk cost and just talking materials.Oct 23, 2014
- With 100% infill (i.e. as a solid block) the current revision should weigh about 33 grams. (It'd be nice if I could figure out a way to force the slot end to slice as a solid, while the remainder is hollow, since it doesn't need to be strong. Next revision, maybe...) A kilo of filament typically costs me about $35, so just over a buck's worth of filament goes into each one. Ignoring electricity cost, rafting material, false starts, botched prints, my time.... :)Oct 23, 2014
- add all of those factors.... subtract the fun of having the experience and I think you break even!
That is a pretty cool hobby - maybe i'll consider it for my next phase of things to get into.Oct 23, 2014
Add a comment...