Totally missed that #Dmidecode
3.0 came out three months ago. """The changes from 2.12 are as follows:
* Support for SMBIOS 3.0. This includes new chassis types, new processor family names, new processor family upgrade names, new slot types, and new memory device types.
* Support for the new 64-bit entry point (SM3
) defined in SMBIOS 3.0.
* Support for the new kernel interface (as of Linux v4.2) as an alternative to relying /dev/mem to access the entry point and DMI table.
* Decoding of Acer-specific DMI type 170.
* Decoding of HP-specific DMI types 212, 219 and 233.
* Various minor fixes and output format cleanups. """"http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.smbios.dmidecode.devel/182