Chippewa Valley Technical College
is part of the Wisconsin Technical College System located in the state of
Wisconsin serving an eleven-county area.
The largest campus is located in Eau Claire with major regional centers in Chippewa Falls, Menomonie, Neillsville and River Falls. The College is one of 16 WTCS colleges located throughout the state.
CVTC delivers innovative and applied education that supports the workforce needs of the region, improves the lives of students, and adds value to our communities.
CVTC is a dynamic partner for students, employers and communities to learn, train, and succeed.
- Commitment - We value all students and their diverse backgrounds. We are committed to their learning and success in a global society.
- Collaboration - We value partnerships with business, government, educational systems, and our communities.
- Trust - We act with honesty, integrity, and fairness.
- Respect - We value a safe and cooperative work environment where individuals care for each other and grow through open communication.
- Excellence - We value working together to develop and continuously improve processes that support the creative pursuit of new ideas.
- Accountability - We value the resources entrusted to us and will use them responsibly.
In keeping with our institutional mission and vision, CVTC promotes the development of nine key core abilities. These core abilities address the broad-based skills that will prepare a student to become a productive member of the work force, a civic-minded citizen of the community, and a life-long learner ready to grow with her/his chosen profession. The core abilities should enable the student to:
- Communicate effectively
- Think critically
- Behave ethically
- Cultivate global and cultural awareness
- Use mathematics
- Use science and technology
- Develop self-awareness
- Demonstrate social interaction
- Value environmental stewardship
These core abilities are woven throughout the student's avenue of study not becoming the sole responsibility of any one course but rather integrated into all curriculum as appropriate, thus building a strong base for academic and personal success.
Chippewa Valley Technical College is an equal opportunity/access employer and educator www.cvtc.edu/eeo.
This profile is governed by CVTC’s social media policy. Read it here: www.cvtc.edu/socialmediastatement.