I asked this of, but I wanted to put it out to everyone. Do you watch video blogs? If so, why? If not, why not?
no plus ones
View 5 previous comments
- I see what you're saying,. In that case, you could post BTS videos that are devoid of personal insights.
You can show the process instead of discussing the process while you show it.
That is, if your point in doing BTS videos in the first place is to give people interested in learning your craft something to watch, listen to, and think about.
Other than that, I agree with you about "vanity".
It's vain to believe that anybody cares about your opinion. It's also vain to believe that anyone wants to understand what it is that you do, or to learn from you.
Personally, to reverse-quote Herman Cain.. For the thousands of people that don't care about my instructional videos on http://youtube.com/reelsolidtv and don't care about my personal videoblogs, there's one person that gets something out of it in the same way that I've watched videos and got something that would have taken me way longer to understand, and that's what makes it ALLLLL worthwhile.
Same thing for me with dating blogging. I don't really care who thinks I know what I'm talking about and who thinks I don't. What matters is every so often, when I get that email from someone saying how THEIR LIFE IS DIFFERENT because they read something I wrote, applied it, and it worked for them, and thanking me for writing it.
You videoblog for yourself, or you videoblog "just in case".Nov 12, 2011
- Good insight, glad you're weighing in on this.Nov 12, 2011
- More thoughts => http://billcammack.com/2011/11/20/videoblogging-vanity/Nov 20, 2011
- Ughh! Bill! Stop writing about yourself and dragging me into it!Nov 20, 2011
- HAHAHA Too Bad, So Sad,! :D haha You get aggrandized right along with me! >:DNov 20, 2011
- I am pretty grand.Nov 20, 2011
Add a comment...