Really interesting dialogue happening both here and over on Twitter about exactly what it would take to get you into an electric. Will try to summarize your points and overall consensus:
- Charging time and that it should not take any longer than it takes to fill a tank with gas
- Range. This one is obviously key. We've received a wide-range of distances an electric car will need to travel, upwards of 600 miles.
- The current configuration and range of the A3 electric works - for most - as a daily driver, but people love having the freedom to take impromptu longer drives.
- Engine note. Didn't see this coming, but a number of people called out hearing the engine note of an Audi engine that would obviously be lacking in an EV. Note: this was a plot point in the film 'The Dilemma'.
- Pricing point set close to or the equivalent of the gas version.
- Charging difficulties. Besides the lack of charging infrastructure in communities, several people who rent/don't have a garage/are city dwellers call out the inability to charge when parked at home base.
Anything we've missed? #ted #TEDaudi