My talented friend and fellow Drink and Click member Photographer Jaime Ibarra is having a workshop here in Austin. Check it out. You won't be disappointed.
WORKSHOP IN AUSTIN, TX - Saturday, Sept 17th
I have been creating some of my best photos with Jessa Peters for over 10 years, now...and this is your opportunity to learn exactly how we do it, in-person.
Join us for the shooting part of the workshop from 10am-4pm (ending possibly later) on Sept 17th in downtown Austin (limited to 12 people), or join me online from 2pm-8pm on Sept 18th, and watch (live) as I demonstrate how I edit some of the shots taken on Day 1 of the workshop (unlimited audience)...and for those who want to do it all, a package for both days is available at a special price.
Those of you who attend the actual shoot on the 17th will learn:
- How to get amazing shots with minimal gear/equipment
- Best practices when shooting with natural/available light
- How to give direction effectively
- Effective communication between the photographer and the model
- Posing (Jessa is a genius with this)
- Jessa's experience and approach from her side of the camera
- The importance of angles and perspectives when shooting a model
- How we create our fabulous flying fabric shots
**Day 1 is a local event, so you will need to come to Austin for that.
Join me online on Sept 18th when I will cover (in fine detail):
- My approach to colour-grading and toning
- Efficient (and effective) workflow from RAW to finished image
- Advanced masking/compositing techniques
- Changing/altering the background in a photo
- The effective subtleties of a subdued colour palette
**Attendance for Day 2 does not require you to be in Austin. You can live anywhere in the world and participate, as this will take place online.
Given the somewhat-random approach to the way that Jessa and I work together, there is no "schedule" per-se, but be prepared for at least 6 hours on the 17th. The same applies to Post-Production day on the 18th.
The presentation on 18th will be recorded, and available to view later, should your schedule not allow you to view it live.
Sept 17 (shooting) - $125
Sept 18 (post production - $125
Both days - $200
And for a limited-time, there are Early-Bird prices (click the link below for details).
Tickets are available at: http://ibarraphoto.com/product/austin-workshop
We are looking forward to seeing you there :)
Website and Tutorial Videos - www.ibarraphoto.com
Instagram - instagram.com/ibarraphoto/
DeviantART - jaimeibarra.deviantart.com