I'm interested in working with others on PLNs in higher education, particularly around specific projects or specific classes. Right now, I'm thinking of focusing for this case study on how to help faculty who want to develop online courses for the first time. But ultimately I want to be able to teach my students good PLN-building skills!
3 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 36 previous comments
- Thank you all for your input on this project! Everone feel free to edit the shared documents at any time. There really is no end point to this project. Love the river- works well with the words. Also like your additional slides and the 'purpose' ideas. We can submit to on Monday and engage in Twitter chats based on our thoughts and work in progress. Maybe this pres and our blogs can really be used where we work??Nov 3, 2013
- Im adding this research by Univ. of Victoria, Canada Pres. about the changing role of a Univ. Pres and av. length of tenure these days at 4 yrs. Today's Univ Pres more like a CEO than an academic leader of the past. Certainly in my own 25 yrs as a faculty member, I have seen these changes. This is why I like our PLN pitch to colleagues : www.universityaffairs.ca/university-presidents-spend-fewer-years-at-the-top-on-average-new-research-shows.aspxNov 3, 2013
- Beautiful work,and ! I definitely think I would use this to spark discussion, and I definitely want to blog in a way that includes it. You are generous to include all of our names, as it is really the two of you who are the authors.
We have been moving house this weekend and I have checked in to look at this. I've been amazed at how much I'm in agreement, particularly with the streamlined, very open way that you situate PLNs. I'm just emerging out of full 'novice' status, and this slideshow makes me curious and excited. It definitely doesn't make me feel that PLN is some kind of 'insider' lingo.
Thank you both for your work creating an object that will have some life in upcoming conversations.Nov 3, 2013
- I thought I might add the link to my blog post in this discussion stream as it was inspired by the discussion. apologies for not getting round to contributing to the slideshare, but like I said earlier, I've been bedevilled by time and tech issues. Was a great discussion, thanks. http://learningcreep.wordpress.com/2013/11/05/personal-learning-networks/Nov 7, 2013
- Of course I was waaay to ambitious in putting my hand up for this group. I ended up thinking things through on my own and simply run out of time to chat here....ApologiesNov 7, 2013
- I liked your blog. Thanks too for the link/shout out. I appreciated how you synthesized our conversations and crafted something new.Nov 7, 2013
Add a comment...