Meeting notes for those not able to attend the October meeting.
The October DrupalACT meeting was held on 2nd of October at AMA House in Barton. View the DrupalACT meeting presentation, https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8nDhrVOtCugNnlxNk1mTmEzSlkPresentation
Adam Malone, http://drupal.org/user/1295980
) presented Drupal and Node.js: Push your site, http://www.adammalone.net/post/drupal-and-nodejs-push-your-site
Presentation slides are available and an invitation to continue the discussion on Adam's website, http://www.adammalone.net/post/drupal-and-nodejs-push-your-site
Adam explained the background, theory and delivered a practical example of Node.js / Drupal integration with http://nodejs.adammalone.net
We learnt about the difference between blocking and non-blocking services, the ability for node.js to respond to events, push data direct to users in real time resulting in a much more interactive experience. Examples of where these are used today include Facebook, website chat, GooglePlus and other sites where real time information is essential.
Relevant links:http://nodejs.orghttp://drupal.org/project/nodejsOther business
There were a number of items raised for discussion.
- DrupalCon Sydney Event
- DrupalCon Sydney Volunteering
- Drupal Association Board elections and why you should vote! https://association.drupal.org/nominations
- Meet our local Canberra candidate for the DA Board
- The cybersquatter still withholding access to the DrupalCanberra and DrupalACT Twitter accounts
- A new Drupal energy monitoring website was announced (sorry I don't have the link!)
We'd like to thank Australian Medical Association (AMA), Michael Manning and Adam Malone for the facilities and access for the group.
If you would like to follow DrupalACT and come along to future meetings:
- Keep an eye out for DrupalACT posts on groups.drupal.org
- Circle +DrupalACT
- Or join the DrupalACT user group on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/197214223626796/
So if you would like to present or listen to a specific topic at a upcoming DrupalACT meeting, then please post a comment here or contact Chris Skene, http://drupal.org/user/31698/contact
or Justin Freeman, http://drupal.org/user/16908/contact
directly.Coming up next month
The next DrupalACT meeting will be held at 6pm, 6th of November 2012 at Australian Medical Association (AMA), 42 Macquarie St Barton, http://g.co/maps/x25fu
Justin Freeman (Agileware, http://agileware.com.au
) will be presenting Great alternatives to Google Maps
. #drupal #drupalact