I've spent much of this week working in cafes and hotel rooms on my still-new 11" MacBook Air. Here are some tidbits. At some point I'll assemble my thoughts into an article in the NIH blog.
* Battery life has been pretty poor, but then I am running Win 7 on VMWare Fusion. I think I know who the hog is here
* Full screen mode is handy but it feels like a giant hack, with lots of weird modal ticks that I'm still getting used to. I frankly can't believe a beginner would enjoy it. But I can tell I am trending positive on it because I wish more apps supported it, especially Fusion and Photoshop. They each have their own "full screen mode" but they doesn't link into Lion's screen-switching gestures. I think there's a way to assign them to their own screens, a la the old spaces, but I haven't had time to delve into it.
* Not missing my mouse
* Completely acclimated to the new scrolling directions
* Loving the new gestures. Today I've been especially enjoying three fingers swipe up to reveal Mission Control
* I will never ever use launchpad
* Recover from Suspend has been a little flakey, twice I've had to reboot
* Reestablishing wifi connection after opening the lid is guaranteed to fail twice then succeed. But I haven't tested this outside this hotel, where the wifi is... free, and that's the best thing I can say about it.
Canada is nice, clean, and much more expensive than the good old days when the US Dollar wasn't printed on borrowed paper.