Thanks for all of your feedback on last week's Hangouts launch. I wanted to quickly talk about 1) making/receiving phone calls in Gmail, and 2) Google Voice support more generally.
1) Today's version of Hangouts doesn't yet support outbound calls on the web and in the Chrome extension, but we do support inbound calls to your Google Voice number. We're working hard on supporting both, and outbound/inbound calls will soon be available. In the meantime, you can continue using Google Talk in Gmail.
2) Hangouts is designed to be the future of Google Voice, and making/receiving phone calls is just the beginning. Future versions of Hangouts will integrate Google Voice more seamlessly.
google, don't you have data that shows that we don't read anything?
- Yap.tvSenior Engineer, 2011 - 2011
- Cisco Systems, Inc.2006 - 2009
- Catch.com2009 - 2011
- Georgia Institute of Technologycomputer science
- Georgia Institute of TechnologyInternational Affairs
Asking the U.S. government to allow Google to publish more national secu...
This morning we sent the following letter to the offices of the Attorney General and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Read the full text
Finally, a Proper Study to Scientifically Show Telecommuting is More Pro...
There've been studies into the benefits of telecommuting before, but they were usually lacking in certain areas, which resulted in the findi
3.5 Million People Are Still Using AOL Dialup (!!!)
EEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRNDguzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzdungahdungahdungahhhhhhh. That sound you hear isn't a 56k modem, it's the sound of my brain collaps
LIVE COVERAGE: Cupertino triple homicide suspect reportedly shot and kil...
8:15 a.m.: Still no confirmation suspect is dead
Last American Who Knew What The Fuck He Was Doing Dies
CUPERTINO, CA—Steve Jobs, the visionary co-founder of Apple Computers and the only American in the country who had any clue what the fuck he
YouTube - Facebook: Engaging the Passionate Fan | Connected ...
Create AccountSign In. Home. BrowseMoviesUpload. Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You're using an outdated browser, whi