- I try to educate, to build connections and to make the world just a little bit better every day, present
Who I am? Who I am not…
- I’m a 39 year old Spanish national. My real name is Ivan, not Viktor… the name was inspired by one of my favorite graphic novels, Allan Moore’s V for Vendetta. I would recommend everyone to read it, or to watch the 2005 movie if they want to understand why that name was chosen.
- As much as I miss my country I decided to live in Turkey. Why? someof you may ask. Because, simply put, I love it here. Regardless of the challenges of living in a society as complicated as this one, they are nothing compared to the sheer joy I experience here. Think of it as living on a permanent holiday.
- I am a businessman. I am a partner in a social media consulting agency advising companies on how to create, understand, manage and monetize internet based communities. I remind companies that behind every business there is a human component and I help them harness the power of networks.
- When I am not working (and most of the time, even when I am) I educate people about animal issues. This, in Turkey, and unfortunately, just about every other country, is a constant struggle against ignorance and bigotry. I try my best to keep spirits high and my temper in check. I fail most of the time…
- Whatever time is left I like to spend it taking long walks in the forest with my eight rescue dogs and my cats, doing sports (helps me keep my sanity and makes me look about 10 years younger than my childhood friends) and reading everything that falls my way.
- I love my family. I owe everything to them and I wish I could compensate them for all the extra suffering that comes their way due to my passion for animal rescue. I know they forgive me… every day.
- I am a photographer. I have been taking pictures since my early teens and I believe this allows me to look at the world from a different angles unseen by those who have never looked at the world through a lens.
- I am a traveler. I have traveled the world and seen the brave people in it. I cannot encourage people enough.. get out of your comfort zone. Hit the road, its the best school.
- I am an animal protector. When I was a kid, in Spain, I used to walk around and rare was the day when I wasn’t followed home by an stray dog. Those animals became my friends, family and in many way teachers. I believe a person who has not shared his life with an animal has not lived a full life yet. I believe the most precious gift a father can give to his child is teaching him empathy and allowing him to share his life with an animal.
- I am a Tribe Leader. Let’s Adopt! is nothing more than a community, a tribe. When I created it I was not fully aware of the implications and the responsibilities. Today, not only I try to spread my ideas across this community, but I do my best to enable relationships amongst its members. That is where the real value of Let’s Adopt! lies, in the connections created amongst its members.