I tried loading Marlin 1.1.0-RC8 on my original RB1 board and the hot ends no longer heat. The temperature sensing is still working for both hot ends. The sensors respond when I warm them with a torch, but they are not heating. Has anyone else had any trouble like this?
no plus ones
View 4 previous comments
- I ended up moving back to 1.1.0-RC3 for now. Which wasn't a slam dunk either because some libraries had been updated and it no longer compiled. There was a conflicting definition for fpos_t in SdBaseFile.h and cpp. So I changed those to my_fpos_t and it compiled and loaded. I frapped a temperature sense ADC channel on the processor last week when an extruder fan wire came loose and shorted across a couple of pins. So I lifted the leg for pin 84 on the ATMega and made a solder bridge to pin 85. I changed the ADC channel from 13 to 12 in the pins_RIGIDBOARD.h file. Everything is running OK now. Good times...44w
- Nice work!44w
- I've been running RC6,7,8 and the latest bugfix branch since each has been out. Never had a problem with heating on either of my 2 Rigidbots and they both use original Rigidbot 1.0 boards. You sure it's not a configuration issue on your end? Even the best of us sometimes miss a line or two when configuring a new release from scratch. If you are configuring it based on some of the the custom changes Rigidbot made in their original firmware (ie. defining sizes/extruders by machine names) things will get fubar, but if you go through line by line and configure marlin it should work fine.
The only thing detrimental to the original rigidbot board in RC8 to my knowledge was they had the speaker pin disabled if you are using a full graphic smart controller instead of the rigidbot LCD. They merged that fix into the latest bugfix branch after I pointed it out.
If you want to post/send your configuration.h file and configuration_adv.h files I can look and see if anything looks off. There have been a lot of improvements to marlin since RC3 worth having. Also since RC6 you need to compile with Arduino v1.6 or later44w
- I got RC7 to run correctly, but RC8 still won't work. Good enough for now, this is turning into a major time suck. There's a home brew with my name on it.44w
- Well there's not a lot of changes between RC7 and RC8 that will effect a more or less stock rigidbot so you're not missing out on too much. Most of the RC8 changes have been tweaking and bug fixing new features. For anyone using the Full Graphic Smart Controller though, the upgrade to RC8 made a noticeable improvement in the LCD response. They did some optimization of the code and freed up some CPU cycles and it's not a sluggish as it was before.44w
Add a comment...