dooms were laws. spiritually too. doom was ordained.
this is the end of my inane reading or at least my posting of my reading of wikipedia prompted by your music recommendation. i have enjoyed it.
Then we're asked by liberals, "Notice how Blacks underperform under standardized testing? How is that? What causes this?"
Privilege is not being able to see where privilege exists. Let's call it "thinking while Black". We're told to educate ourselves and lift ourselves up by our bootstraps, but when we do, we're redefined as more advanced predators.
But then one might say, "That's just low self-esteem" — well, then it's a question of historical awareness. "Well, I just couldn't think of anyone else who looks sort of like you who may or may not have said something cerebral or 'philosophical'. It's not racist — I'm just unfortunately undereducated on history but wanted to say something to dismiss you."
I personally just don't know what to say to this. So the derision may not be "racist", but it's as if one were to mistake a George Bush catchphrase for a Gandhian epigram. I mean, given the content of the talk exchange, that's also a big factor against the idea that it wasn't unwittingly racist. I look like what I look like, and "rhetoric is the substance of style," if said by someone who doesn't look like me absolutely would not first ring to most people as a Marleyism. Where do we draw this line? With spades like this, I'm shit out of luck for an ace.
Another big issue is the amount of time Blacks have to spend parsing the junkthought of secret racists, and the power non-racist, nevertheless malevolent, people have in being able to troll with proxy/virtual and multilateral racism as weapons.
- lovestamp.ioCodehandler, 2015 - presentCode, recommendations, evaluations, analysis, architecture, web scraping, implementation, configuration over convention, Grunting. We Node.
- Dun & BradstreetWeb Engineer, 2013 - 2014Created Grunt recipes/Node.js integration for existing build ecosystem based on Go Build Servers. (e.g., Consuming in-house font icon libraries at build time via grunt-curl.) Built out lightweight Express/Node.js-based local development environment with http-proxy to consume pre-production API endpoints. Set up Karma for Unit Testing. Set up Protractor for E2E testing. Combined RequireJS/r.js, AngularJS (angularAMD), BreezeJS (strictly API consumption, non-Entity Framework), Bootstrap, and Google Maps (with MapClusterer) for a modular and modern-ish mobile front end. (Not Responsive, but focused on a small set of devices; and yes, that tech stack, of which I defended use cases for RequireJS and BreezeJS specifically.) Introduced BEM CSS ideas/concepts to manage Big CSS codebases. Introduced analytical tools like Plato and analyze-css for static analysis of JS and CSS build. Introduced tools to automate CSS sprite creation. Implemented datacontext-dependent D3 graphs (Treemap, Doughnut, etc. charts) for cheap visualization with light interactivity to give insight into arbitrary data sets. (I call this "data painting," basically.) Implemented minimalistic, responsive data tables. Knowledge sharing at semi-weekly UI Stand Up meetings (presenting modern tools like FF's 3D View and its use-cases, etc. or various CLI tools because *nix). Helped craft and conduct developer interview sessions (in-person, live coding, and phone screening).
- epantry.comWeb Architect, 2012 - 2013I helped build the first iteration of epantry.com on vanilla Backbone.js and Python. Heavy Underscore.js use.
- emlogis.comFront End Developer, 2003 - 2005Employee Logistics and Management software for, usually, small 24/7 clinic implementations.
- University of HoustonPhilosophy, 2003 - 2009
Solving an Unsolvable Math Problem - The New Yorker
Yitang Zhang bided his time teaching calculus. Then he solved a hundred-and-fifty-year-old math problem. Alec Wilkinson reports.
Deceptive behavior may (deceivingly) promote cooperation
(Phys.org) —Tricking someone into trusting you in order to gain something from them is common behavior in both the animal and human worlds.
CloudFlare Announced Keyless SSL For Maximum Security
Effect Hacking Provides Latest Security News, Tech news, Blogging Tricks, Security Tools, How To Articles.Get all the information in 88 vari
Dubmission - Anja Schneider (Dan Snow and NOR Remix) by Dsnow in the Anj...
Bringing a heavier blend of sounds to provide a unique quality
WebIDE, Storage inspector, jQuery events, iframe switcher + more – Firef...
A new set of Firefox Developer Tools features has just been uplifted to the Aurora channel. These features are available right now in Aurora
Getting Hacked Can Actually Be Good, Says Cyber-Security Expert!
The security of our information on the Internet and personal devices has never seemed more fragile. But getting hacked can actually protect
The Best Data Mining Tools You Can Use for Free in Your Company
Data mining or "Knowledge Discovery in Databases" is the process of discovering patterns in large data sets with artificial intelligence, ma
Hacker breached HealthCare.gov website, planted malware on “ObamaCare”
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that a hacker managed to break into the US Government’s HealthCare.gov, a health insurance comparison w
Rare Book: ‘’Hebrew is Greek’’ by Joseph E. Yahuda. A scare book. — Rare...
In a recent article, Rare Books: What makes them rare, we mentioned the nine reasons a book may become rare and in demand,with a high moneta