"Maybe they’ll come after me because I’m phenotypically African-American."
- The CoinsultantsPartner (Candidate), 2015 - presentTechnological debt, code cohesion, and defect triage are the pillars of my focus in strategizing around the development and deployment of modern full stack implementations and hypermedia applications. Ethics and technology must never become too increasingly divergent in the growth of human intelligences. My vision is to transition merchants from classical yet restrictive, “patchwork” FinTech to decentralized, privacy-sensitive, generational Friendly permaware that is beneficent to humans.
- lovestamp.ioCTO, 2015 - presentLoveStamp is a powerful engagement platform for merchants to say thanks to their fans. Activity: Say hi to our team. For double rewards, make a love sign with your hands. We Node.
- Dun & BradstreetWeb Engineer, 2013 - 2014Created Grunt recipes/Node.js integration for existing build ecosystem based on Go Build Servers. (e.g., Consuming in-house font icon libraries at build time via grunt-curl.) Built out lightweight Express/Node.js-based local development environment with http-proxy to consume pre-production API endpoints. Set up Karma for Unit Testing. Set up Protractor for E2E testing. Combined RequireJS/r.js, AngularJS (angularAMD), BreezeJS (strictly API consumption, non-Entity Framework), Bootstrap, and Google Maps (with MapClusterer) for a modular and modern-ish mobile front end. (Not Responsive, but focused on a small set of devices; and yes, that tech stack, of which I defended use cases for RequireJS and BreezeJS specifically.) Introduced BEM CSS ideas/concepts to manage Big CSS codebases. Introduced analytical tools like Plato and analyze-css for static analysis of JS and CSS build. Introduced tools to automate CSS sprite creation. Implemented datacontext-dependent D3 graphs (Treemap, Doughnut, etc. charts) for cheap visualization with light interactivity to give insight into arbitrary data sets. (I call this "data painting," basically.) Implemented minimalistic, responsive data tables. Knowledge sharing at semi-weekly UI Stand Up meetings (presenting modern tools like FF's 3D View and its use-cases, etc. or various CLI tools because *nix). Helped craft and conduct developer interview sessions (in-person, live coding, and phone screening).
- epantry.comWeb Architect, 2012 - 2013I helped build the first iteration of epantry.com on vanilla Backbone.js and Python. Heavy Underscore.js use.
- emlogis.comFront End Developer, 2003 - 2005Employee Logistics and Management software for, usually, small 24/7 clinic implementations.
- University of HoustonPhilosophy, 2003 - 2009
You’re about as sexually attractive to me as a turtle: Coming out as ase...
The author of a new book on asexuality talks about growing up without desire and dating without physical intimacy
Firefox 37 arrives with Opportunistic Encryption support
Firefox 37 arrives with Opportunistic Encryption support that encrypts the traffic over plaintext HTTP connection.
ChangeTip and LoveStamp Bring Love to Bitcoin - Bitcoinist.net
ChangeTip partners with new startup LoveStamp to bring more love to Bitcoin.
Solving an Unsolvable Math Problem - The New Yorker
Yitang Zhang bided his time teaching calculus. Then he solved a hundred-and-fifty-year-old math problem. Alec Wilkinson reports.
Deceptive behavior may (deceivingly) promote cooperation
(Phys.org) —Tricking someone into trusting you in order to gain something from them is common behavior in both the animal and human worlds.
CloudFlare Announced Keyless SSL For Maximum Security
Effect Hacking Provides Latest Security News, Tech news, Blogging Tricks, Security Tools, How To Articles.Get all the information in 88 vari
Dubmission - Anja Schneider (Dan Snow and NOR Remix) by Dsnow in the Anj...
Bringing a heavier blend of sounds to provide a unique quality
WebIDE, Storage inspector, jQuery events, iframe switcher + more – Firef...
A new set of Firefox Developer Tools features has just been uplifted to the Aurora channel. These features are available right now in Aurora
Getting Hacked Can Actually Be Good, Says Cyber-Security Expert!
The security of our information on the Internet and personal devices has never seemed more fragile. But getting hacked can actually protect
The Best Data Mining Tools You Can Use for Free in Your Company
Data mining or "Knowledge Discovery in Databases" is the process of discovering patterns in large data sets with artificial intelligence, ma
Hacker breached HealthCare.gov website, planted malware on “ObamaCare”
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that a hacker managed to break into the US Government’s HealthCare.gov, a health insurance comparison w