If you really think about it, the secret is in the kernel-based statistical machine learning for pattern analysis.
15 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 8 previous comments
- If you drop "kernel-based", I'll agree with you.Aug 10, 2011
- can you please elaborate? You touched a cord about something there.Aug 10, 2011
- when you see the same numbers everywhere, you're no longer a mathematician... you're a numerologist!Aug 10, 2011
- yes. :)Aug 10, 2011
- On some level we are talking about the Singularity here -- rapidly self-evolving statistical machine learning systems (especially in coordination) are going to push human civilization to an entirely new and higher level.Aug 10, 2011
- kernel: could mean either a math kernel like R, or an OS kernel like Linux. In this context I'll assume its a math kernel, it makes little sense to be concerned the overhead of copying data up into a user process.
machine learning for pattern analysis: is taking over several areas of computer science. We no longer worry so much about getting the machine to understand grammar in order to translate between different languages. We just look for how humans translate the phrase (statistically, looking at a huge corpus of translated texts).Aug 10, 2011
Add a comment...