1. Do you know the three functions of the barrel?
- Stabilize color and promote clarity,
- Ease tannins,
- Develop flavors
2. Cabernet wine grape contents preservation itself. Thus, it can keep longer than the other wine
3. Old grape tree has 2 antlers. The age of grape tree is around 50 - 60 years
4. Bottling process is happening only 2-4 days/year. They employ the screw of bottling who are professional with high-end machine of extracting fine wine. I was delighted to be there on that day.
5. In some countries, we don't know which is the authentic wine and fake wine.
By the way telephoning the caves and châteaux, telling the code on wine bottle, we can check it is right or not. Fee of international call is expensive but we should drink fine wine.
6. We start drink wine with light- or heavy- wine (spirits).
We start love wine with sweet taste of white wine.
Maybe we like, maybe we don't like but you discover variety of wine through several bottles and study seriously.
We once again think we love red wine with the old fine wine bottles, with code, the reputation of the terroir. In constrast, everyday, you have to drink table wine (vin à table). You just talk yourself that you will taste fine wine.
Blending is important for all wine lovers. Some châteaux, négociants know well to blend portions of which grapes in which barrels, for how long, before or after the malotic fermentation. They has sommeliers to come and advise them.
In occasions and holidays with friends and family, you are glad to saber some champagnes and crémants. Some other members in your family don't like these tastes. Do not forget to serve them with a glass of Rosé, please. The semi-sparkling wine will help them integrating with the whole party.
Do not forget match with food and desserts. Not always red wine with red meat, it should be based on the taste. If you have the balance between tannin of stalk and grape skin and the tannin of oak barrels, you can match your wine with white wine, too.
For me, I can pair with a glass of wine. That's all.
P.S: I'm not alcoholism.
Taste wine and drink responsibly émoticône heart
7. If you are the beginners of tasting wine, please use some easy words:
You will see the magic when you you all of them together, the owners of châteaux will warm welcome you every time.
8. For other terroir in the world, we all know Cabernet Sauvignon is the most common grape. The later grape should be grown in the best place, with warm soil.
Note that: you can not copy the terroir, the soil, sous-soil, climate of St-Emillion to others. It is impossible. And, it's also the reason why till now, Saint-Emillion till the most famous appellation of the wine world.