Profile cover photo
Profile photo
Rigas Building Contractor
Rigas Building Contractor's posts

Post has attachment
#UnderFloorHeating By #RigasBuildingContractor in #Northamptonshire  
There are two types of underfloor heating systems, water-fed and electric. Water-fed systems are also called “wet systems” and are particularly suited to all sub floor. If you want to install a system in a current house you have to choose which one would you prefer.
A hot water system is generally cheaper to run than an electric underfloor heating. However, an electric system is generally easier and cheaper to install. So it is up to you whether you would like the hefty initial investment with lower running costs of an electric system, or a cheaper installation cost but higher running costs of a wet system.
Water underfloor heating comes in the form of a series of piping loops that are laid underneath a surface (tiles, laminate flooring, any timber floor etc.). This system effectively turns your floor into a giant radiator!

If you need more information please contact us :
Web :
Tel: 01604 591211
10 Photos - View album

Post has attachment
#Garage #Conversion #Northamptonshire By Rigas Building Contractor.
If you need more space and you don't use your garage, the most affordable solution to increase the size of your property is to convert your garage in to a habitable room. 

For more information please contact us.

 T: 01604 591211
M: 07900 950618
2 Photos - View album

Post has attachment

Post has attachment

Post has attachment

#BuildersNorthampton #BuildersKettering #BuildersTowcester  
What are Building Regulations and do I have to comply with the building regulations for my Loft Conversion or House Extension?
To comply with the Building Act 1984 you need a building regulations approval known as a Building Control approval. Building Regulations apply to building work in England & Wales and set standards for the design and construction of buildings to ensure the health and safety of people in and around those buildings. Scotland has its own set of Building Regulations. If you decide to proceed without obtaining a building Regulation approval you may have to undo any completed work to your Loft Conversion or House Extension. Building Regs approval can usually be obtained in 2 ways:
1.       Full Plans – Method where drawings and specification are submitted to Building Control Body such as Local Authority Building Control or Private Approved Building Control. Your application will be subsequently checked for compliance with the Building Regulations. The work will be inspected and checked on various stages for compliance with all Building Regulations Parts. Commencing of the work is unlikely to be permitted before approval has been granted.  
2.       Building Notice – a method where notice of commencement of minor building work is given to the Building Control at least 48Hrs prior to the start of the work. The work will be inspected and checked on various stages for compliance with all Building Regulations Parts.
Private Building Control must issue "Initial Notice” to the Local Authority to inform for over taking the building project.
Do you have to pay a fee for Building Regulation certificate?
Yes, unfortunately you have to pay a fee with each application and fees will vary depending on the size and value of the project and between different Local authorities across the country and each Approved Inspector is free to set their own levels of charges.
When the work is completed and inspected by the Local Authorities or Private Building Control Inspector you will be issued a "Completion Certificate" or "Final Certificate" and this confirms that your project complies with the current technical requirements of the Building Regulations.
Your project will comply with the Building Regulation when meets the following Parts:
Part A: Structure
Part B: Fire safety
Part C: Site preparation and resistance to contaminants and moisture
Part D: Toxic substances
Part E: Resistance to passage of sound
Part F: Ventilation
Part G: Hygiene
Part H: Drainage and waste disposal
Part J: Combustion appliances and fuel storage systems
Part K: Protection from falling, collision and impact
Part L: Conservation of fuel and power
Part M: Access to use of buildings
Part N: Glazing - safety in relation to impact, opening & cleaning
Part P: Electrical safety
Building Regulations Parts will be covered in the next post.

Post has attachment

+Rigas Building Contractor #northamptonshire
Need a Kitchen? Free Design, Quality Fitting and best Prices

Post has attachment
#builders #northamptonshire #homerenovation #kitchenfitters  
 Damp and How to Avoid it.
One of the most common causes of dampness in buildings is 'condensation'. Moisture is always in the air, even if it cannot be seen. Washing, drying, cooking, heating and showering can further elevate moisture levels in your home. Warm air holds more moisture than cold air. The presence of condensation is often first indicated by the development of mould on walls, ceiling and furniture. Condensed water can get the timbers to rot.
How to avoid Condensation ?
There are a number of simple steps that can be taken to deal with condensation. You need a Ventilation.
When Cooking - Use an extractor fan and cooker hood, Open kitchen window, Cover pans and keep kitchen door closed.
When Bathing - Use an extractor fan, Open window when finish bathing, When filling the bath, run cold water first and then add hot water; this will greatly reduce the amount of steam.
How to Improve Ventilation
1. Keep open trickle vents in window frame. If you don't have vents get them made.
2. Open windows during cooking, washing, drying clothes, bathing etc.
3. 'Cross ventilation' open window downstairs and one window upstairs.
4. Use an extractor fan. If you don't have an extractor fan do install one.
5. Avoid putting furniture against external walls.
Note: Ensure open windows don't cause a security problems by remembering to close and lock them.

Post has attachment
#builders #loftconversion #houseextension #Northamptonshire #homeimprovement  
What you need to know before starting your Loft Conversion or House Extension
There is no point in ignoring the requirements of the law, as it will eventually catch up with you, so don’t undertake work in your Loft and Extension without checking first.
1.     Planning Permission. Do you need planning permission? Ask your local authority if you need to apply for planning permission or permitted development rights (certificate of lawfulness). If you decide to proceed without obtaining a planning permission or certificate of lawfulness you may have to undo any completed work to your Loft Conversion or House Extension.
2.       Party Wall Act. Do you need to notify your neighbours? Most Loft Conversions and Extensions do require by law a Party Wall Agreement between neighbours. If you fail to comply with the Party Wall Act, it can lead to an injunction and will delay your project whilst you get an agreement in place.
3.      #Building Regulations. Do you need Building Regulations approval? Any Loft Conversions and Home Extensions do require by Law all of the works to comply with the current Building Regulations. If you decide to proceed without obtaining Building Regulations you may have to undo the completed work to your Loft or Extension.
4.      If you are Leaseholder. Please check your deeds for restrictive covenants, leases or other overriding interests in the land. Breaching a restrictive covenant or the terms of a lease can lead to an injunction, and you may have to make a financial settlement or remove your alterations or extensions.
5.      Listed Buildings. Altering a listed building without consent is a criminal offence.
                 Please do not ignoring Rules & Regulations
Wait while more posts are being loaded