- Saffron TechnologyChief Strategy Officer, 2012 - present
- SAP LabsVice President Research, 2006 - 2011
- BASFSenoir Plant Manager, 1990 - 2001
- Northwestern Universityfaculty, 1986 - 1988
- SAP AGDirector Strategic Board Initiative SCM, 2001 - 2004
- SAP AGDirector Corporate Venturing, 2004 - 2006
Paul Hofmann, Ph. D.
Chief Strategy Officer at Saffron Technology. Previous, Vice President Research, SAP Labs at Palo Alto and Director, SAP Corporate Venturing Group.
Paul joined SAP 2001 as Director Global Strategic Supply Chain Management Initiative EMEA. His pre-sales team designed and rolled out the SCM Value Based Selling Approach for EMEA and supported many crucial Supply Chain sales for SAP in EMEA.
Prior to joining SAP, he was Senior Plant Manager at BASF’s Global Catalysts Business Unit.
After joining BASF 1989 Paul headed the development of object-oriented production planning and scheduling software for BASF's plant; one of the first big object oriented software projects in German industry.
At Northwestern he did computer simulations to explain molecular beam reactions. He used the Cray supercomputers extensively for this work and collaborated with Sir John Pople (Nobel Prize Laureate).
Paul studied Chemistry and Physics at the University of Vienna, Austria. He received a Bachelor in biotechnology and a master’s degree in Chemistry from the University of Vienna.
He did his Ph.D.in Physics at the Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany.
He is the author of numerous publications and books.
- University of ViennaChemistry, Physics, 1976 - 1980
- Technical University DarmstadtChemistry, Physics, 1980 - 1985