- Corwin PressAuthor/presenter, 2013 - presentAuthor of three education books and international presenter.
- Brilliant or Insanepublisher, 2013 - presentEducation blog.
- ASCDAuthor/presenter, 2013 - presentDirect workshops on student-centered, 21st-century learning.
- Lake Erie Collegeadjunct professor, 2008 - presentDevelop and teach online courses for teachers on web-based instruction and social media integration.
- Mark Barnes/The Paperless Classroomteacher, college instructor, edtech consultant, 2006 - presentI speak to educators worldwide about transforming their classrooms from traditional to student-centered, Results Only Learning Environments. I publish the education and pop culture blog, www.brilliant-insane.com
- South Euclid-Lyndhurst Schoolsteacher, 1994 - 2013Taught English language arts to students in grades 7, 8 and 10.
- Hiram College1984 - 1987
The Art of Mastery: 9 Skills Master Teachers Possess - Brilliant or Insane
How are master teachers defined? What is needed in the school environment to successfully craft the art of mastery?
CLICK HERE to support Hack Learning Series: Books that Solve Problems
Your problem's solution may be so simple that you can't see it. Hack Learning books show it to you. | Crowdfunding is a democratic way to su
The Problem With Curriculum Mapping and One Inspired Solution - Brillian...
The problem with curriculum mapping is that designers often focus on the destination rather than attending to the journey. Here's how to map
The Dishonor of the With Honors System - Brilliant or Insane
Students with high grade point averages are labeled, and they graduate "with honors." This post illustrates the problem with the "with honor
The Power of Daily Student Goals - Brilliant or Insane
Daily student goals help engage students in learning and make them accountable without the threat of a bad grade.
I Could Have Been a Great Teacher - Brilliant or Insane
Teachers are considered successful if their students score well on standardized tests.
Shoot Your Data: 5 Kinds of Photos That Reveal More Than Numbers - Brill...
Photos uncover evidence that quantitative data do not reveal. Learn how to take 5 kinds of photos that reveal more than numbers.
Read Assessment 3.0 Before It Is Published and Change the Game - Brillia...
Assessment 3.0 purports to revolutionize education. Enter this sweepstakes to win a free copy and decide for yourself.
5 Shocking Things Your Students Will do in 2015 - Brilliant or Insane
Some people believe education is stagnant, but it isn't. If you don't believe this look what shocking things students will do to change educ
Traditional teachers send the wrong message to students - Brilliant or I...
Traditional teachers need to consider modern practices to engage all learners.
5 Techy Pastimes that Will Expand Students' Scientific Knowledge - Brill...
Kids love technology so why not give your students 5 techy pastimes they'll love that will also enhance their scientific knowledge.
I'm Thankful for Teachers Who Stand Up - Brilliant or Insane
This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for teachers who stand up against the status quo, because they make kids' lives better.
Why Teachers Need a Shot of Uncomfortable - Brilliant or Insane
Education author/speaker Mark Barnes presents 5 shots that make teachers uncomfortable.
3 Gigantic Problems that School Principals Can Fix Today - Brilliant or ...
Most of the stumbling blocks teachers face can be fixed by school principals, and guess what? The solutions are shockingly simple.
Attitude of Gratitude #24: My Dream? Do Away with Grades!
Participating in TeachThought's blogging challenges introduced me to a host of bloggers and education websites. Educators from all over the
The Myth of Close Reading: Infographic - Brilliant or Insane
Authors of the Common Core love the phrase close reading. We use this infographic to demonstrate why close reading is a myth.