Anybody else see a 7.1.2 update come in today? Already got the 8.0 OTA so I'm a bit confused if this is actually trying to downgrade me or if it's just mislabeled in the notification.
no plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 3 previous comments
- Jimmy G+1There's still more befuddlement to be had, however, as the update has appeared for some titled 'Android 7.1.2' (above, left). Installing it does actually give you Android 8.0 Oreo with the September security patches, but someone obviously messed up the wording of the update.
androidpolice.com - Amid much confusion, Pixels and Nexuses are finally starting to receive September security OTAsSep 12, 2017
- well on my Nexus 6P, I still haven't received Oreo or September patch 😿 it's ok guys, I'm ok, I'll get over it eventually😭Sep 12, 2017
- Yep just to confirm this is Oreo w September security patch.Sep 12, 2017
- Sep 12, 2017
- I saw the same (VZW). It's the September security patch available for download. After it downloaded and my phone rebooted I was still on Android 8.0, with the September security patch applied.Sep 12, 2017
- For some reason, I am not getting the OTA September and I have the Oreo Beta.Sep 19, 2017
Add a comment...