- Lancaster UniversityPhD Researcher, 2011 - present
- Business Development Consultant, 2010 - present
- ALERT Life Sciences Computing Middle EastBusiness Development Consultant, 2009 - 2010
- IFAP - Instituto de Financiamento à Agricultura e PescasBusiness Process Analyst, 2008 - 2009
- YDreamsSoftware Engineer, 2006 - 2007
Having innovation at the heart of my curriculum and ethos, I’m passionate about creative ways of applying it to the new digital economy worldwide, as a means to deliver real impact on industry and society at a global scale.
Now working as a Phd Researcher in Digital Innovation at the Highwire Doctoral Program (http://www.highwire.lancs.ac.uk) in Lancaster University, my academic and professional career has been devoted to the IT Industry and gradually focused on its business level, while being enriched by an international perspective gained from my various personal, academic and professional endeavors abroad.
Holding a BSc (Honors) in Computer Science and Business Management (4+1 years) accomplished through four universities, in Italy, Turkey, Brazil and concluded in Portugal, my professional path goes from being a Software Engineer at YDreams, passing through Business Process Analyst at IFAP, and later working as a Business Developer for ALERT Middle East office being set in Dubai, as well as independently.
My research interests relate to experience innovation (EI) as an innovation process which is designed towards the societal growing need for meaningful digital ecosystems that can deliver overall positive emotional outputs. I’m particularly interested in how this EI is designed, while addressing new forms of capital related to social, environmental, and overall experience gratification expectations, and how this innovation process is communicated among its diverse participants coming from different backgrounds/industries. My curiosity goes also to understanding how non-technological communities, as communities who don't have technological proficiency, neither social constrains nor habits towards it, can act as extreme sources of participatory innovation in this context.
Passionate about Middle East, Africa and South American cultures, and the role that new creative and innovative ideas can play at these particular areas of the globe.
Wine lover and enthusiast, as well as for good food. All packed with good friends and cheerful, but most often thought-provoking discussions.
- Lancaster UniversityPhD in Digital Innovation, 2011 - present
- ISCTE-IUL Lisboa, Portugal (2002-2007)BSc (Honors) (4+1 Years), Computer Science and Business Management (CSBM), 2002 - 2008
- Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil (2007-2008)Santander Bank Exchange Program Scholarship for BSc of CSBM (5th Year) in Brazil, 2007 - 2007
- Bilkent University, Turkey (2006)Erasmus-Mundus Exchange Program Scholarship for BSc of CSBM (4th Year) in Turkey, 2006 - 2006
- Parma University, Italy (2005-2006)Erasmus-Mundus Exchange Program Scholarship for BSc of CSBM (4th Year) in Italy, 2005 - 2006