Welcome to the #PurpleCircle, the page dedicated to all things Purple on G+, especially photography. What is the #PurpleCircle?
The #PurpleCircle is first and foremost a circle of the most talented photographers on G+ who also happen to love purple and feature it predominantly in their work. The original promise of the #PurpleCircle was simple: to allow people who love purple to start seeing more purple in their streams. However, while it started out as a photographic enterprise, it now encompasses anything and all things purple. For example, you can share songs, videos, poetry and/or writing dedicated to purple or featuring purple with the #PurpleCircle. In short, it’s a place -- party -- on G+ where those who are passionate about purple can completely “geek out” with others who are just as passionate about it. Who are we?
The #PurpleCircle was started by four photographers, +lynn langmade, +Sinead Sam McKeown +Craig Szymanski and +Alexis Coram. It officially began when the talented photographer +Craig Szymanski
posted an amazing macro shot of a purple flower. Two other photographers, who are passionate about purple, +Lynn Langmade and +Sinead Sam McKeown
, started joking in that thread about how we needed to create a circle so we could start sharing more purple on G+. Pretty soon +Lynn Langmade and +Sinead Sam Mckeown roped in another awesome photographer, +Alexis Coram
and so it was that the #PurpleCircle
was born. These original four photographers are now known as the #PurplePosse ;)
However, the circle itself is compromised of the best photographic talent on G+. Simply view the circle to see all the awesome, talented photographers who all share a passion for purple. What can you do with a purple circle?
For starters you can:
1) Circle this page, to see the best of all things purple and to get the latest updates on the #PurpleCircle
2) Add the *official* #PurpleCircle, so you can instantly start seeing more purple in your stream
3) Share this #PurpleCircle so that others can add it and get more purple in their stream
4) Join the circle if you’re a photog who loves purple and features it in your work by asking to be included in the official circle (simply leave a comment on our page requesting to be added. However, just realize that we can only add you to the circle if you actually love purple and feature purple in your work)
5) Recommend other “purple” photogs whom you think would be a great addition to the circle
6) Share photos directly with all the folks in the circle, by tagging your post with #PurpleCircle
and including the unofficial “curators” names like +lynn langmade
+Sinead Sam McKeown