Wind energy provided 126% of electricity for homes in Scotland in October
showing that their goal of 100% renewable electricity each month of the year by 2020 is very achievable.
In September 2014 America has installed 61% new electrical capacity using wind and 7% using solar. These numbers could move to 99% wind-solar each month. :) For the exact details see the Federal Government report at http://www.ferc.gov/legal/staff-reports/2014/sep-infrastructure.pdf
That's why all nations should support wind-solar more. :) Green energy is responsible environmental action, since smog pollutes the whole planet, it travels, kills billions early. 100% renewable electricity and all electric cars-trucks-planes-ships-trains are the way to the smog free healthy future. :) http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/2007/08/pollution-causes-40-percent-deaths-worldwide-study-finds explains that 40% of deaths due to pollution, how about being pro-life by being pro-solar, pro-wind, pro-renewables?
Wind is cheaper than coal and gas.
Natural gas and Coal can be replaced with solar-wind immediately:) as a public health priority
► The Cost of Coal: Overview
. In China's worst areas, smog makes people live only 4 decades ► BBC News - China's Grime Belt Air Pollution Extreme
. Coal-fired plants lead to birth defects in China, see the 2 min video ► China Sees Rise in Birth Defects
. In all nations, including USA, people near coal-fired plants often die of cancer at 45 or so, see the 10 min video ► EXPOSED: Koch Industries and Cancer Risk
. Coal pollution leads to cancer, asthma, autism (mercury), etc. Clean coal doesn't exist ► Robert Kennedy Jr.: No clean coal
Germany increased its solar capacity 16000 times between 1990 and 2012 ► https://plus.google.com/110265788529286523789/posts/2K5Ln8zyrqH
. It's possible. Now solar and wind are cheaper than coal and natural gas in many nations and states. In the first quarter of 2014, Italy generated a record 40% of its electricity from renewables ► http://www.qualenergia.it/articoli/20140408-primo-trimestre-2014-cresce-contributo-rinnovabili-su-anno-precedente
. For comparison, the renewables percentage in the US is 15%, India & Australia & China 13%, Germany 31%, Paraguay & Norway & Lesotho & Bhutan 100% (hydro), All Africa 32% (hydro), Japan 11%, Russia 15% (hydro), Mexico 26%, Indonesia & UK 18%, Canada 60% (hydro), Portugal 60% (hydro+wind), Brazil 90% (hydro), Iceland 100% (hydro+geothermal), Ghana 75% (hydro), Spain 45% (wind-solar-hydro), New Zealand 80% (hydro+geoth+wind).some reasons for buying your next car electric:
1. help humanity since you no longer generate carcinogenic exhaust
, otherwise known as smog, which kills millions of people each year ► http://goo.gl/jDj0hI
and leads to lower IQ ► http://goo.gl/alNQIk
and autism ► http://goo.gl/66nqwr
2. save lives since you reduce heart attacks caused by traffic noise
. Electric cars are much quieter.
3. save humanity from oil wars that destroy the environment and kill countless civilians
. Iraq war trillions could have powered all US with solar/wind ► http://goo.gl/ZqN47
4. you no longer have to change oil
or spark plugs; no more smog check either; electric cars have 60% less parts, so you will go for repairs much less. Combustion engines are noisy and only 15% efficient; electric motors are 90% efficient.
5. bring the end of gas stations
that poison the water wells with MTBE or other compounds leading to billions of dollars wasted in cleaning up the well water (example: $0.4 billion settlement ► http://goo.gl/eKasZD
6. save money as you spend 4 times less money on fuel
, since electricity is 4 times cheaper than gasoline as a fuel. If you have enough solar panels, you get free CLEAN fuel for life
, since you charge at home and utilities pay you for energy you put on the grid. Likewise, Tesla Motors offers free solar ☼ charging for life
► Tesla Motors Supercharger Event
7. save money for noble purposes because electric cars are cheaper than many oil cars
after the federal and state rebates: in Colorado, you can buy a Nissan Leaf for only 15, 000, while in most other states for 18-21, 000. A Smart EV costs only $12, 000 in Colorado, see http://smartusa.com
. Mitsubishi i-MieV is only $13, 000 in California and $10, 000 in Colorado ► http://www.evworld.com/news.cfm?rssid=31881
8. electric car batteries and solar panels are far greener than alternatives. Battery recycling for today's oil car lead batteries is happening at a 97% rate globally. It will be even better for the far safer lithium car batteries. Lithium Ion batteries are classified by the federal government as non-hazardous waste. Lithium ion batteries are made from nontoxic lithium carbonate (used in ovenware), nontoxic cobalt oxide (in pottery glaze), nontoxic graphite (in pencils), and a polymer (plastic) membrane. The most toxic components are the electrolyte and lithium cobalt oxide, neither of which are persistent in the environment and both of which are increasingly being replaced by safer compounds. Wang Chuan-Fu, CEO of BYD, demonstrated the safety of the electrolyte in their lithium ion batteries by drinking it
. Zero Motorcycles founder Neal Saiki said that the Lithium Ion batteries they use are safe to eat
Solar is way better than coal, oil or natural gas which spew 100-1000 times more carcinogens in the environment per unit of energy produced
, besides far more CO2. How long does a solar panel system have to operate to recover the energy used for making the panel? Energy payback for rooftop panels is 1-4 years depending on type. Assuming a life of 30 years for a panel, that means that most energy produced will be free from pollution of any sort ► http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy04osti/35489.pdf
9. save time, thus money, since you are allowed to use the carpool lanes to avoid traffic if you drive an electric car, in many countries, even if there is only 1 person in the car.