Start a hangout
31 followers|24,153 views
Works at Post University
Attended College of William and Mary
31 followers|24,153 views
- Post UniversityProvost, present
- Post UniversityDean of the School of Education
Areas of expertise:
- Higher education
- Online education
- Instructional development and design
Top posts contributed to Post University's blog:
- Combatting your child's procrastination
- Woman-to-woman advice on graduate school
- Giving iPads to kindergartners
- World peace, mastered by 4th-graders
- 7 higher education trends for 2013
- And the winner of our latest Facebook sweepstakes is ...
- Paul Tough tells why children's success isn't about IQ
Top media coverage featuring Jane Bailey:
- Charlotte Parent (July 1, 2013): "Growing Up: No More Procrastination"
- Lifescript.com (Sept. 14, 2012): "Why I 'greenshirted' my kid for first grade"
- TheJournal.com (Aug. 8, 2012): "Affording the classroom of the future"
- AllParenting.com (Jun. 14, 2012): "6 tips for finding the right preschool"
- Planning Family (Apr. 3, 2012): "Speech and language developments in infants"
Jane Bailey, Ed.D. is currently Provost at Post University. Previously, she served as the Dean of Post University's School of Education. Before that, she served as Academic Program Manager for Graduate Education and was instrumental in the creation of the Post University Master of Education degree program. She brings more than 25 years of higher education experience to the University, along with many years of experience as an elementary school teacher.
Prior to coming to Post University, Dr. Bailey was an associate professor of education and chairman of the education department at Christopher Newport University, where she taught courses in curriculum and instruction, early literacy, and reading instruction, as well as supervised practicum experiences. Additionally,she supervised district-based master’s degree projects for Virginia Commonwealth University.
At the College of William and Mary in Virginia, Dr. Bailey supervised student teachers and worked at the Center for Gifted Education as a coordinator of school-university partnership projects, curriculum developer, grant writer, and coordinator of Saturday and summer programs for gifted learners. In addition, Dr. Bailey taught elementary school in New York, California, and New Hampshire, and served as a district reading consultant.
She has written several major grants and directed a federally funded Teaching American History project for a large urban school division in Virginia. She also worked as a business developer for the education team of CNA, a research and analysis company in Alexandria, Va.
Dr. Bailey holds an Ed.D. in Higher Education from the College of William and Mary, a Master of Arts in Education (curriculum & instruction) from San Diego State University, and a Bachelor of Art sin Elementary Education (minor in literature) from the State University of New York College at Oneonta.
For more information or to request an interview, please contact Kelly Statmore, Post University Director of Communications, at 203-910-7258, or email@example.com.
- College of William and MaryEd.D., Higher Education
- San Diego State UniversityMaster of Arts, Education (curriculum & instruction)
- State University of New York College at OneontaBachelor of Arts, Elementary Education (minor in literature)
Add a comment...