Google+ Beat: PR flacks for FB love to diss G+. Meanwhile G+ continues along as both Social Network AND (see article) something much subtler. We use video hangouts for our Agency... can't do that on FB. And for every conference I attend, I do a circle for speakers... about 20% are highly active with weekly posts on G+.
2 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- How long until the question becomes: "Will Facebook survive alongside Google+?"
Yes, Facebook will always exist for social connection, but they will never catch up to Google when it comes to Consumer Buying Intent.
So, they will struggle to monetize their platform.Nov 30, 2012
- Hi Walt -- good question. I think it will be "slow" -- 2-4 years -- but FB will decline and G+ rise over time. FB keeps threatening to launch a search engine, but I just don't see it. You know -- I love a lot of things about Google, but also believe all companies are better in an environment of strong competition.Nov 30, 2012
- Hangouts are amazing; I'mm surprised more communicators aren't using them for expert panels and other uses. The potential for innovation is huge.Nov 30, 2012
- AgreeGoogle does lots of things right, but always makes me nervous how much of the online space they control.Nov 30, 2012
- http://www.chefhangout.com/ <-- an entire business built with Hangouts as the core. Let's brainstorm.Hi Shel -- Agreed. You should have a look atDec 1, 2012
- Exactly. I always like it better when 3-4 competitors duke it out in a space, but I'm afraid old MIcrosoft and Bing are not up to it. That leaves perhaps Amazon and Apple to take on Google.Dec 1, 2012
Add a comment...