Women Game Professionals at Metatopia, We want you!
Here's what we want -
Ladies and non-binary trans folks* who are in, of, tangential to, breaking into, support, adjacentverb the gaming industry to join us for an invite-only event on November 5 at 10pm (Thursday Night of Metatopia 2015).
What we will be doing -
* forming care-teams for designers/industry pros who are at a systemic, socially reinforced disadvantage.
* committing to support each other through professionally trying and personally scary experiences at Metatopia and in the larger industry.
* forming the foundation for future projects intending to buoy underprivileged contributors.
What we won't be doing -
* arbitrating what qualifies as "lady" or "non-binary trans". if you self-identify as either, you're welcome to join us and the invitation includes you. Yes, that includes various flavors of genderqueer and genderfluid. Look, we don't care, as long as you join us in good faith and honor the fact that we are specifically looking to create a women and non-binary space.
* checking your credentials at the door or making you justify your existence. In fact, we will be making it clear to you how very valued you are, instead of you telling us why we should value you.
Yes, we really mean that if you are a woman creator, contributor, den mother, editor, tweaker, retailer, verber of any sort of games in any form, we'd like you to join us.
To express interest, email us at IGMCRHB@gmail.com.(it's an acronym that we'll explain later.)
If you won't be at METATOPIA because of life stuff, talk to us. maybe we can help resolve life stuff, or maybe we can recruit a care team to use the future to beam you in.