I know that not everyone cares about privacy in their transactions. I wrote this because of the many new users that might think Coinbase Wallet is just like the main bitcoin client.
8 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 5 previous comments
- Exactly. That's what Coinbase users need to understand (and practice).Feb 20, 2013
- If I'm not looking to spend them hardly ever, just diversifying where I put extra "cash" in some sense... is coinbase not a good place to keep them then?Feb 20, 2013
- It would be better to forward them on to your own local standalone bitcoin client and make a backup of the wallet on USB stick or something.Feb 20, 2013
- well, I bought some with coinbase but if I don't want to keep them there.. where do I keep them, really, I guess in my case think of it like an online safe? I don't intend to really spend them anytime soon... I'm just stacking silver, gold, copper, lead, and now some bitcoin...Feb 20, 2013
- I think I can handle that... thanksFeb 20, 2013
- good info, thanks, yeah I think it would be likely ideal then to have a USB copy on some detached hardware at my house and a paper copy in my real safe right along next to my other 'stuff'Feb 20, 2013
Add a comment...