Buildroot 2016.02-rc1 has been released! See http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2016-February/152420.html
for the release announcement.
Of noteworthy new features/changes we have:
- Toolchain: Support for GCC 5.3.x. ARC toolchain updated to arc-2015.12. Support for legacy uClibc dropped, default to uClibc-ng instead. Added sys/queue.h implementation for MUSL for compatibility. Updated versions of Code sourcery and Linaro toolchains. MIPS Codescape toolchains added. Version selection for preconfigured external toolchains removed.
- New Defconfigs: ARM Juno r0/r1 development boards, Freescale i.MX6UL Evaluation Kit, Intel Galileo Gen 2, Orange Pi PC. A number of defconfigs have been extended to generate complete system images using genimage.
- Makedevs utility now accepts textual (non-numerical) user and group names.
- Vagrant file to easily setup a working development environment in a VM has been added.
- Size-stats-compare script to compare rootfs sizes between builds has been added.
And of course, many, many, many package updates.