Buildroot 2014.02-rc1, which is the first release candidate for 2014.02, has been released two days ago. See the release announcement at http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-February/089055.html
Of noteworthy new features we have:
- Support for external packages/defconfigs (BR2_EXTERNAL). See user manual for details.
- Cleanup of environment variable names for consistency. The download directory location override (BUILDROOT_DL_DIR) is now called BR2_DL_DIR. Likewise the name of the current .config is renamed from BUILDROOT_CONFIG to BR2_CONFIG. Please update your post build scripts if you use this!
- Toolchains: uClibc pread/pwrite fixes, GCC stack corruption on ARM fix, updated Linaro and Sourcery Codebench external toolchains. Internal toolchain support for Microblaze.
- Python package infrastructure support. See user manual for details.
- Large number of new packages (67): Mostly networking related: c-ares, ca-certificates, fping, libmbim, libnfs, libshairplay, libsocketcan, modemmanager, mtr, net-tools, rtmpdump, rtptools, smcroute and tcpreplay. Multimedia: gst1-libav, fswebcam, jasper, lbreakout2, libass, libbluray, libcdio, libmodplug, ltris, minidlna and vlc. Hardware: avrdude, cwiid, gpm, intel-microcode, iucode-tools, libevdev, mmc-utils, smstools3 and ti-uim. Python: configobj, dialog, json-schema-validator, keyring, msgpack, posix-ipc, pyasn, pycrypto, pysnmp, pysnmp-apps, pysnmp-mibs, pyusb, simplejson, tornado and versiontools. Lua: lsyscall and luarocks. Development: apitrace, evemu and ktap.
- New defconfigs: Armadeus APF51 and Zedboard added, updates to a bunch of our existing configs.