A serenade of mispronunciation, a poem for the ages.
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- This makes me sad. And this month I found out, the hard way, that you always need a professional to proofread your stuff. When I turned in my MA Thesis, I had read it countless times, my advisor had read it, and my boyfriend had read it, so I thought it was fine. Now I am rererererereading it to prepare for my defense and I am still finding some mistakes and typos. I'm really angry for not noticing them before. Grrr.Mar 17, 2012
- So sorry,! I didn't mean to make you sad. I always sort of liked proofreading (unless the paper is too long and it didn't involve rewriting anything). I hope that process doesn't give you too much of a headache. Maybe a spellchecker will help with the typos, even though there are a lot of things that it can't can't catch catch. ;)Mar 17, 2012
- No problem, I know you didn't mean it. It's been giving me some headache, but there is nothing I can do about it now. I just hope the people in the committee get what I'm trying to say and don't take those mistakes too seriously.Mar 17, 2012
- I'm sure the entire thesis will be great. Don't worry. Things have a way of fixing themselves. :)Mar 17, 2012
- Hope you're right. Thanks for the support :)Mar 17, 2012