Start a hangout
197 followers|45,026 views
1802 6th Avenue South Birmingham, AL 35233
UAB Medicine's mission is focused on delivering outstanding patient care; developing advancements in scientific discovery and biomedical research; and providing a strong foundation of education and training for professionals.
UAB Medicine strives to enhance its role as a preeminent and well-integrated clinical enterprise, recognized as a leader in the advancement of medical science and the delivery of health-related services. With the School of Medicine, UAB Medicine will create highly innovative, well-coordinated interdisciplinary services and partnering relationships that serve as a model for health education and service delivery.
- UAB Hospital - UAB Hospital is the centerpiece of the UAB Health System. It is located in the medical district of Birmingham on the University of Alabama at Birmingham campus. Situated among major research centers and clinics, UAB Hospital, a 1046 bed facility, provides patients with a complete range of primary and specialty care services, as well as the most up-to-date treatments and innovations in health care.
- UAB Highlands - A general acute care facility located on the edge of the Medical Center District of Birmingham, Alabama, providing emergency care, orthopeadics, pain management and the region’s first coordinated care unit for geriatric patients, Acute Care for Elderly (ACE).
- Spain Rehabilitation Center - One of the Southeast’s foremost providers of comprehensive rehabilitation care with nationally recognized programs designed to address every aspect of a patient’s rehabilitation, including physical, social and psychological health.
- UAB Hazelrig-Salter Radiation Oncology Center - Hazelrig-Salter Radiation Oncology Center brings together an interdisciplinary team of world-renowned medical professionals in a state-of-the-art environment. As a member of the UAB Comprehensive Cancer Center, this new facility is one of the country’s most technologically advanced centers of its size.
- UAB Women and Infants Center - A world-class health care facility dedicated solely to the care of women and infants. Whether its inpatient surgical care or a routine outpatient office visit, the UAB Women and Infants Center provides complete care, all under one roof. It is designed to offer a comfortable, family-friendly atmosphere and expert medical staff in a state-of-the-art facility. UAB is the only hospital in the state where Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians are available in house 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- UAB Callahan Eye Hospital - The UAB Callahan Eye Hospital (CEH) is the state’s only facility dedicated to providing quality medical and surgical eye care to the people of Alabama and the Southeast. Callahan’s primary business consists of outpatient ophthalmology and ambulatory surgery, making it one of the busiest ophthalmology surgery centers in the country. Moreover, the hospital offers a 24-hour, 7 day a week eye emergency room and is the region’s only Level I Ocular Trauma Center.
- The Kirklin Clinic® - The Kirklin Clinic is a specially designed “superclinic” for outpatient care housing more than 600 physicians in 35 specialties and serving more than 2,000 patients a day. Covering a full city block with 430,000 square feet, more than 30 distinct clinical units of multidisciplinary teams, and an adjacent covered parking deck that accommodates 1,450 vehicles.
- The Kirklin Clinic® at Acton Road - Offers a multidisciplinary approach to cancer care and provides a wide array of patient care services south of town.
- UAB Health Centers - Including four Birmingham area neighborhood clinics in Inverness, Hoover, Moody and Hueytown (For the convenience of our patients, UAB physicians are also available at primary care locations in Huntsville, Montgomery, Selma, and Tuscaloosa).