What we are seeing now is the beginning of an economical transition which is driven by empowered people, a new era of a networked society who has now, more than ever, the power to consciously produce, consume and change the system as it is. Let´s start to do our part?
In 2013 several major interesting projects were funded by Crowdfunding @ Kickstarter:
- A satellite was launched into space
- Students build their own classroom with containers
- An immersive virtual reality headset (goggles) for video games.
- A movie won Cannes and another one won the Oscar (ain´t that nice?)
- Human-powered helicopter (#thebest, IMHO.)
Here you are all the amazing projects that were possible through Crowdfunding:
Peer-to-Peer funding rocks!
2014 will be fun!!! ( :
14 de novembro @ RioCriativo
Mais infos em breve...
Large corporations, of course, are blinded by greed. The laws under which they operate require it - their shareholders would revolt at anything less. And the politicians they have bought off back them, passing laws giving them the exclusive power to decide who can make copies. There is no justice in following unjust laws. It's time to come into the light and, in the grand tradition of civil disobedience, declare our opposition to this private theft of public culture.
We need to take information, wherever it is stored, make our copies and share them with the world. We need to take stuff that's out of copyright and add it to the archive. We need to buy secret databases and put them on the Web. We need to download scientific journals and upload them to file sharing networks.¨
Via Open Knowledge Foundation Network:
- Sistema BEmbaixador, presentSistema B nace para impulsar un nuevo sector económico que utiliza el poder del mercado para generar impacto social y ambiental positivo potenciando la Empresas B y articulando su ecosistema de apoyo.
- GomaCo-fundador, 2015https://www.facebook.com/somosgoma
- O SujeitoCo-fundador, 2015http://osujeito.catarse.me/
Social entrepreneur and "netweaver" (Conscious business network weaver) by vocation, Tomás co-founded Engage, the first company in Brazil focused on business strategy and Internet technologies for social innovation projects, Goma, a social innovation driven coworking space in Rio de Janeiro and O Sujeito, a crowdfunding channel for independent journalism in Brazil. In 2013 Tomás was invited to the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, to discuss technologies for social innovation and crowdfunding.
Business administrator with a master in digital communication, Tomás is a specialist on collaborative and sustainable economies, counselor of Coca-Cola Brasil foundation, ambassador of B Corps movement in Brazil, and teacher at Perestroika and Escola São Paulo (Brazil’s leading innovation schools).Nowadays, as an independent conscious business consultant, Tomás focus his work, studies and lectures on fostering the shift of old businesses paradigms that are based on competitive and EGOcentric culture to ECOcentric and collaborative forms of social and economical interactions.
- Schumacher College2015Schumacher College has an enviable reputation for cutting-edge learning. Its work is to inspire, challenge and question ourselves as co-inhabitants of the world, to ask the questions we all struggle to find answers to and to find sound knowledge, intuition and wonder in our search for solutions for the economy and society. With a focus on interactive, experiential and participatory learning, Schumacher offers the practical skills and strategic thinking required to face the ecological, economic and social challenges of the 21st Century.