"I find nothing more depressing than optimism." — Paul Fussell
- Tin Lid Lake DesignCreative Director/Owner, 2013 - presentCreative concept development, graphic design, advertising, package design, for a variety of clients large and small. The bottom common denominators are creativity, a desire for excellence, with a positive attitude and an absence of drama.
- PasseyArt Director, 2005 - 2013Develop creative concepts and design ads and other materials for agency clients. Print, web, broadcast, outdoor.
- Radium AdvertisingCreative Director/Co-Owner, 2001 - 2005Teamed with a brilliant creative partner/writer to produce ads and trade show displays for a variety of clients - specializing in servicing those in the field of high-end musical instrument manufacture, music software and audiophile industries. Some overseas clients.
- Musicians FriendGraphic Designer, 1999 - 2001Developed concepts and designed national magazine ad campaigns, worked as part of a small team producing the MF catalog, sometimes designing covers and special sections.
- EMMA AdvertisingArt Director, 1999 - 1999Designed ads, logos, brochures, and other projects for agency clients.
- Musicians FriendGraphic Designer, 1997 - 1999Developed concepts and designed national magazine ad campaigns, worked as part of the new larger team producing the MF catalog, sometimes designing covers and special sections.
- Seymour DuncanArt Director, 1993 - 1997As Art Director, developed concepts, designed and coordinated all advertising, packaging, trade displays, and collateral materials, maintaining corporate image and strategy.
- Gospel Light PublicationsArt Director, 1982 - 1993Designed books, book covers, and other materials, developed ad concepts and designs for campaigns, trade shows and collateral materials.
My "day-job" career has been as a commercial graphic designer. But I have an even greater passion for music. I began playing guitar at the tender age of 10, and had the same general influences as just about anyone else picking up the instrument in the mid-late 60s -- pop radio, the Beatles, Dylan, the Stones, Hendrix -- all of the usual musical touchstones. Be that as it may, something went rather wrong along the way. My brain is wired just a little bit differently. The same could be said for my other aesthetic sensibilities. As a painter, designer, writer, filmmaker -- all things I've tried my hand at -- I'm just a little bit too warped for my own good...but probably not truly warped enough (or cynical enough) to be commercially successful. But some folks find it interesting enough to seek out and listen to. Some have even seen fit to broadcast it on the radio in countries as far flung as Lithuania and Australia (and a considerable number of places between).
- University of California, Santa BarbaraFine Art Studio, 1977 - 1981
- Moorpark CollegeFine Art, 1974 - 1977
- Instituto AllendeFine Art, 1973 - 1974
- Moorpark CollegeFine Art, 1971 - 1973
- Simi Valley High SchoolArt and Math, 1969 - 1971