TURN ON THE #TAP
– [TAKE A POSITION]
It is pertinent we turn on the #TAP
– this phrase: Take A Position [T.A.P.] is the theme for the month of May 2015 and would help us navigate this season on our path to #BAR
– Breaking All RECORDS
A tap also known as a faucet is a device used to regulate the flow of either liquid or gas from a container or chamber. In the same vain we are like that device – with capacity to FLOW endlessly in tandem with our reservoir.The challenge however is that we usually do not have adequate reserve from which to tap…..
Cardinal however to this treatise is the need to be decisive as the idiom posits: TAKE A POSITION i.e. decide and take action on any contending or unbearable matter. This could be with regards to our finances, career, status, engagements etc….. WE must make a CHOICE but it must be hinged on Information and additional resources about our plans in alignment with our envisioned destination. This is critical to attaining our desired expectations.
HOW TO TURN ON THE TAP? HOW DOES ONE #TAP-
TAKE A POSITION?
· T – THINK – Beware of what you think - You soon become what you constantly think about. If you think lack you soon become slack, if you fail to think you soon starting sinking or stinking, thinking is not synonymous with worrying - It is pertinent you have the right kind of thoughts. Your thoughts are largely tied to what we internalize [IN FLOW i.e. INFORMATION] – what are you feeding your mind with? Who are you listening to? Who are you associating with? What are you imagining?
· A– ATTITUDE/APPROACH – according to one of my Masters – David Oyedepo – your attitude determines your altitude. This further refreshes my thoughts on the writings of Brian Tracy:”In flying [i.e. arriving at your destination] the word “attitude” refers to the angle of flight or your approach relative to the horizon. The way you think about a problem determines your attitude or approach as well”
· P – PRACTICE TO PREPARE – Yes!!! Imagine a student that intends to take an examination he must first practice to prepare else failure is imminent. This is further corroborated by Aristotle: We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
You now have either invested or wasted 120days pursing your vision – it is salient therefore to appraise the journey so far and #TAP
- TAKE A POSITION but beyond the decision is to ACTION IT: Act On It…. Move intently and purposefully towards your dreams and not the dreams/intentions of other about you.
Sacrosanct to this analogy of a tap is knowing when to increase or decrease the flow i.e. regulate our thoughts, attitude and intensity of practice
Water doesn't flow until the faucet is turned on.
Take that step - #STARTNOW Nothing Happens until You Start.#TAP
– TAKE A POSITION – put on your thinking cap; change your attitude and practice to prepare.#May2015 #ActionIt
RECOMMENDED BOOKS: READ A BOOK TODAY
· FLIGHT PLAN: THE REAL SECRET OF SUCCESS – BRAIN TRACY -
· BORN TO WIN: DAVID OYEDEPO
· ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING – KEITH HARREL