was founded in 1950 as the first county-sponsored community college in the State University of New York system.
The College has touched the lives of countless numbers of the county’s 350,000 residents through its credit programs
, non-credit programming
and cultural events
. As the needs of the community grow, the college will continue to play a significant role in the county’s endeavor to face the challenges and to profit from the opportunities that await it.