Ein besonderes Exponat aus der Ausstellung «Hans Steffen: Grenzerfahrungen eines deutschen Geografen in Chile» http://blog.sub.uni-hamburg.de/?p=17939
: Leihzettel der Bibliothek des British Museum (1900)
READERS ARE PARTICULARYLY REQUIRED
1. Not to ask for more than one work on the same ticket.
2. To transcribe from the Catalogues all the particulars necessary for the identification of the Work wanted.
3. To write in a plane, clear hand, in order to avoid delay and mistakes.
4. To indicate in the proper place on each ticket the number of the seat occupied.
5. To bear in mind that no Books will be left at the seat indicated on the ticket unless the Reader who asks for them is there to receive them.
6. When any cause for complaint arises, to apply at once to the Superintendent.
7. To replace on the shelves of the Reading-Room, as soon as done with, such Books of Reference as they may have had occasion to remove for the purpose of consultation.