The Sydney Morning Herald
began life in 1831 as the weekly Sydney Herald
. It cost 7d, had just four pages and only 750 copies were printed. Today, Australia's most prestigious daily newspaper brings readers up-to-the-second breaking news and quality journalism with its website, smh.com.au
.Our Google+ policyWelcome to the Google+ page of the Sydney Morning Herald and smh.com.au. This page is intended for our readers to participate in thoughtful and intelligent discussion and we welcome lively debate and a variety of opinions. All users of Google+ have the right to remove unwanted content posted by others on their page, and we reserve the right to moderate comments and remove any that are considered to be:
- Personally attacking another commenter
- Persistently misrepresenting our content. While we welcome criticism and feedback, personal attacks on our authors or continual and repeated criticism of our content will be removed
- Shouting – that means they’re written in ALL CAPS
- Advertising or spam
- Containing expletives, or images or videos containing nudity, sexual acts or excessive violence
- Defamatory, obscene, offensive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwise unlawful
- Racially or religiously vilifying any person, or inciting hatred or violence, or likely to insult, offend or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability
- False, misleading or deceptive
- Completely off topic or repetitive content
- Linking to unrelated personal blogs or websites. Links to other news stories or websites relevant to the discussion will be allowed
Users who repeatedly breach this policy will be blocked.
If you have any concerns about content posted on this page, please contact us via a message.