Happy Birthday solar cells! Bell Labs unveiled the first solar cell 60 years ago today.
196 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 5 previous comments
- kat a+2Prices have been dropping exponentially over the past ten years, though. I've been wanting to get solar panels for my mother's house for ages, and I'm starting to be hopeful I'll actually be able to do that in the next few years. Especially with the innovation that's been going on recently. (The greater the innovation, the better the prices.) Think about how much cheaper flat screen TVs are now compared to ten years ago. Same will happen with solar, as long as particular vested interests stay out of the way.Apr 26, 2014
- Nice. Solar Cells Probably prevented us from making the Ozone layer Hole any bigger.Apr 25, 2014
- Kind of sad. Bell Labs was incredible, this was before Carly Fiorina destroyed it for an executive bonus.Apr 25, 2014
- AND the Sierra Club, if you knew what they were really about....Apr 25, 2014
- I love my outdoor solar lights :-)
No rust, no batteries, great design, built it sensors, water resistant, 50,000 hrs life and easy to install.Apr 25, 2014
- and how did the <DELETED!> of get involved there? Bell Labs was largely before her time. That was when Bell Telephone was hitting its stride. Now that <DELETED!> might have been involved with AT&T when they were running the same research facility, and even when Lucent had it. But its sad end started well after she was at HP and made a mockery of it.Apr 27, 2014
Add a comment...