We will use Ruby, RSpec and Rubocop to demonstrate Test Driven Development (TDD), but prior knowledge of these specific tools isn't necessary. Our focus will be on the process of TDD and its benefits. The talk will explain answers to several TDD questions, including:
* Who benefits from TDD - it's not just the developer!
* What kinds of tests you can write - unit tests vs. integration tests
* Where to put your tests - directly in your source repository
* When to use TDD - throughout the software lifecycle
* Why TDD is an improvement, and why you weren't taught this when you first learned to code
* How TDD really works in practice - iterate, iterate, iterate!