My fiancé and I moved to Denver about a year ago from very walkable NYC, and being a bit of a tech geek hobbyist I created a simple website to help us find walkable destinations in our new city and when we travel (it works anywhere!), including restaurants, bars, entertainment and culture options, etc. The website has worked really well on both desktops/laptops and smart phones, and after several friends used it and loved it, they encouraged us to share it more publicly as a free resource.
It’s called LetsWalkTo.com and it could be useful if you:
• want to see how far you could walk in a given time to get in some exercise
• are considering relocating and want to ensure you pick a walkable neighborhood
• just moved to a new area and want to explore what’s nearby, including ratings and reviews
• want to get a good, long walk in on your lunch break, and want to grab a bite along the way
• are planning a trip and want to find a hotel that’s close to restaurants and entertainment so you’re not dependent on a car
• are travelling in a new city right now and not sure where to go out within walking distance
• you’re stuck in a rut and want to find something new to try
• want to find a place to reward yourself with a beer after your 45 minute walk
Please check it out and feel free to share if you find it has any value for you and your readership/members. I am excited to say several prominent bloggers have already found it worth a post on their sites and I would love to continue to get the word out to help people find and maintain a sustainable, safe and healthy lifestyle.