Ditch the cubes and make this Homemade Vegetable Broth Mix | All-Purpose Seasoning
Use wherever you need chicken or vegetable broth, plus it makes a great sprinkle or a seriously fantastic popcorn topping (everyone asks us for the recipe when we serve this seasoned popcorn)!
Here's the whole recipe for you, or you can click through to Print and Pin
the recipe for later. Enjoy.Print and Pin
: http://wholenewmom.com/whole-new-budget/vegetable-broth-recipe/Vegetable Broth Mix Recipe | All-Purpose SeasoningIngredients:
4 T celery salt (See Homemade Celery Salt and How to Use It)
4 T dried parsley flakes
6 t garlic powder
6 t salt
6 t ground savory (use summer savory — not the winter variety)
2 t dried marjoram
2 t dried thyme
1 t pepper
1 t turmeric
1 t ground sageDirections:
1. Combine all in a small bowl. Store in glass or plastic container with a tight fitting lid. Stir or shake occasionally before use to redistribute ingredients.
2. Use 1 tsp mix plus one cup of water to make 1 cup of broth in a recipe. You may substitute this for chicken broth/bouillon in recipes as well. 1 tsp is the equivalent of 1 bouillon cube.Tips:
1. Store a small measuring teaspoon in your container so that you are not continually washing a rewashing the same spoon as I use this mixture so often. (See my post on saving time with tools for more ideas for your spoons.)
2. Make this in 2-3 batches at a time. Again, saves preparation time.
3. Here’s how to make Homemade celery salt (click over to the blog to see this).
4. If you can’t find savory, you can try subbing thyme or thyme plus a little rosemary. I haven’t tried it but I’ve read it’s a decent substitution.
5. Where do I buy my spices? Most of my spices are Frontier brand but I do purchase some from Mountain Rose Herbs as well. Links to those are in my blog post. #growyourgoogleplus #diy #bouillon