Before I dig into why a group of white University of Oklahoma college students from the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity, clad in tuxedos and ball gowns, so giddily chanted about "hanging n*gg*rs from trees" let me clear—racism is dangerous. It's not funny. It's not just words. It's not kids being kids. It's not playful. This is shit is real and it's dangerous.
Racism is the fundamental dehumanization of an entire ethnic group. This dehumanization has consequences. When college students on a bus chant about not letting n*gg*rs into their fraternity, but instead "hanging them from trees" it not only reveals the heart of those singing it, it gives us a real clue into how easy and even joyful it is for them to imagine lynching. If we choose to ignore the clues that people give us about how they feel about our humanity, we bear at least some of the weight of the consequences
Maybe raises it to stable ground. To explicitly declare empathy per change on record. #EmpathyOnRecord ?
"Today's democracies are still struggling to fulfill democracy's promise of equal consideration, and the claim I will defend is that they can do so most fully by giving empathy a central role in democratic decision-making. " —cultureofempathy.com/References/Experts/Michael-Morrell.htm / https://www.facebook.com/edwin.rutsch/posts/10205599066551990?comment_id=10205603932433634&offset=0&total_comments=8
Proof-of-existence of empathy, is revolutionary. That formula is present, accountable, and expressive beyond precedent codity of votes.
(from my original comment @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/EmpathyCafe/permalink/10153122571943210/?qa_ref=qd)
[*]Factom Whitepaper: https://github.com/FactomProject/FactomDocs/blob/master/Factom_Whitepaper.pdf?raw=true
Inspired in part by & researching and developing #OccupyEmpathy et em ef cet sec erra...
- Self-TaughtInformation, presentI do read. I try to remember.
- Kemp Mill Elementary School1993 - 1999
- Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School1999 - 2000
- The Newport School
- Homeschool2000 - 2000
- Emerson Preparatory School2001 - 2003
- Concordia UniversityMarketing-Became-Psychology, 2006 - 2008Started intensive psychotherapy (if not education) instead of class because I felt that was most important given my point in life, if not because I was in pain.
i try to do tilTrue.info, contechtext.com, prettypowerful.info,
International Journal of Youth & Family Studies @
A Bridge to Alien-nation: Connecting through Humanity, Diversity, & Relationships was a paper I got to do with somebody.
- twitter.com/frets n fb.com/prosodypresent
- tilTrue.info ._\|underCaReFulconstruction=| :) :| :( ? Sci + Psy Z? dArEsAy Go There?, presentmixing dArEsAyGoTHere, prettypowerful¿.info?, con(tech)text, til True
- prettypowerful.info?information/working, 2013if pretty powerful information pays?
- PastFrom young ages and odd jobs at schoool to computers, to a daycare, as a canvasser, fundraiser, sales, clickbank.com et al, web design jobs if I can keep it going, underground jobs, odd jobs, underemployed, bit of work to remember..
What does it feel like to "switch" to another part?
Great question- one I'm sure I'd have if I was a singlet. Also though, one that is difficult to answer. I'll give it my best shot- but pleas
Promise Language - The Language of Commerce: An event-based public ledger
While Bitcoin's "blockchain" is a step in the direction of a public ledger, it only works with Bitcoin and does not show the other side of t
Promise Language - The Language of Commerce: A public list of transactio...
In a standard format, with a Commerce ID for privacy (what some call a "smart contract"). It works with all currencies and barter too. Examp
Promise Language - The Language of Commerce: Bitcoin 2.0?
In my opinion, Bitcoin 2.0 will not be a currency. It will be a "block chain" of all electronic transactions regardless of what was conveyed
Promise Language - The Language of Commerce: Smart Contracts - the format
While it works to store past transactions, open transactions provide an exchange, so it works for stock exchanges, currency exchanges, or gr
The Facebook Name Debate and Having My Profile Deleted
Facebook is at the centre of a media storm following its new name change policy. I have to admit, there are times that I’m a little slow at