An "extremely reliable source" claims Google will open its own stores by the end of the year. Let's just hope they do better than when they sell devices online....
39 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 17 previous comments
- I'll chalk this back / forth to Latino passion. Live well down there in Chile my friendFeb 17, 2013
- It'll be in a year, and assumes they actually launch the stores by the Christmas shopping holiday season (which they should definitely do). Figure NYC and I'll guess SF (although that's Google's hometown)Feb 17, 2013
- Yeah, I listened to it a few weeks ago. That was my point I was trying to make.
Larry's a smart guy. They know what they have to do on the supply-side. Better forecasting, negotiate and monitor performance of their suppliers (cough LG now, I'd choose another vendor personally like Sony for the next Nexus). That stuff is fixable to be sure. If Google plans retail stores, they have to do it right the 1st time. Bring your A-game. I know that was your sentiment as well.Feb 18, 2013
- Still at it? LOL. Retail industry doesn't as Google still needs to increase retail mindshare to have relevance, that's how proper business evaluates it. What negative impact from the retail side from #s perspective? Is anyone in large #s running away from buying their branded phones the next time? Not really, it's just fanboys whining.
Disappointment internally, especially when they swing for the fences and don't accept incremental improvements? Sure, his vision & expectations for the company demonstrates that, I'd expect him as CEO to note that as he's the leading spokesman. I'm pretty sure I've lived through that expectation much more that you, with a decade of Wall Street experience working for high-expectation CEOs. Retail failure is different, from a Finance and Economics perspective. Wouldn't expect you to understand it. You've demonstrated that already lol. Just reviewing your LinkedIn profile, nope you wouldn't. Sigh.Feb 18, 2013
- No Google Stores! Latest news.Feb 27, 2013
- Well, just like there was no Chromebook Pixel per Google ... until there was ... and then they officially announced it several weeks later. We'll see. I could see that they want to tap down any expectation and long-term discussion if they will or won't, given the rumours suggested a launch by year-end. That's a looooong time to have the public and press to comment on such a launch.
Andy's statement on this may very well be true. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see store launches within a year. I want to see what Goggle I/O and any possible new mid-summer product announcements brings.Feb 27, 2013