Student, 2013 - 2013
Full-Stack Developer Program
- Refined product development and product management skillset by learning and developing within: Ruby, Rails, HTML, CSS, SASS, Foundation, JS, Backbone.js, Underscore.js
- Final Project: OkGamer: OkCupid for online multiplayer gaming
- Major Skills Utilized: Ruby, Rails, UI/UX, matching algorithm design, product design, project management
- Mid Project: Birdwatch: Location-based app for identifying bird species in your vicinity.
- Major Skills Utilized: HTML, CSS, Foundation, Underscore.js
Digital Strategy Lead, 2013 - 2013
Cross functional digital strategy consultant.
• Worked alongside Greenling founders and leadership teams to develop and execute strategies around customer acquisition, customer retention and increasing average order size per customer.
• Developed frameworks for digital initiatives prioritization across all acquisition channels.
• Creation of high level customer driven analytics resulting in deeper understanding of high value customers and purchase behavior.
• Interim project manager and coordinator for Greenling mobile and web initiatives.
• Partnered with UX consultant in leading focus group conversations for new mobile and web properties.
CoFounder - Marketing, 2012 - 2013
Strategic Marketing + Business Development + Competitive Strategy
Finding the right fit with the right product for the right partners. I helped manage technical direction and product marketing alongside general strategy for the company.
Founder & CEO, 2008 - 2012
• Led Moodfish as cross-functional CEO through three iterative launches, two major pivots and one major rebranding.
• Led product, market and revenue strategy while managing core and part-time development teams.
• Developed a/b advertising and landing page optimization plans through use of demographic and psychographic-based variables, resulting in 40% reduction in PPC and increase in qualified clickthroughs.
• Developed long-term strategy plans and tactical user outreach plans resulting in increased user interaction.
• Designed high-level mood, event listing and psychographic geo-based ad targeting algorithms.
• Developed 'sticky' product feature sets by interviewing, analyzing and segmenting potential users through application use cases and competitive functionality comparisons.
• Negotiated deals at 10% of average partner cost for access to live entertainment data feeds.
Consultant, 2003 - 2006
Consultant (Consumer Goods Client – 12/05-06/06)
• Led functional design of a custom real-time analytics solution, allowing client to analyze trade promotion effectiveness across vendor stores, distributors and headquarters.
• On-site project lead for software implementation in Poland resulting in 80% user adoption due to real-time resolution of functional and technical issues.
• Initiated discussions with client sponsors to identify enhancements for future global application releases resulting in identification and elimination of out-of-scope requirements.
Consultant (Software Client – 03/05-11/05)
• Led successful prototype design effort for software solution to integrate 80+ redundant partner relationship management systems.
• Partnered with client management to gather and analyze business requirements for application prototype as well as requirements for future application releases.
Analyst (Telecom Client – 01/04-03/05)
• Led 6 developers in building industry-first Siebel deployment of custom legal contract generation resulting in the elimination of approx. 3000 contracts/month from client's legal review team.
• Collaborated with Accenture and client management team to determine feasibility and cost/benefit analyses of client's business requirements for Siebel contract generation.
Business Analyst, 2002 - 2003
• Delivered optimal product replenishment and distribution of $15 million of cutlery and teakettle inventory to Target stores nationwide.
• Implemented kitchenware department inventory reduction program to optimize and reduce inventory overstocks resulting in 50% overall elimination of in-store and on-order excess inventory.