Start a hangout
124 followers|12,106 views
Worked at TheMakerSquare
124 followers|12,106 views
startup founder, co-founder and product manager
product development, management & marketing, competitive strategy, Ruby, Rails, CSS, HTML5
- TheMakerSquareStudent, 2013 - 2013Full-Stack Developer Program - Refined product development and product management skillset by learning and developing within: Ruby, Rails, HTML, CSS, SASS, Foundation, JS, Backbone.js, Underscore.js - Final Project: OkGamer: OkCupid for online multiplayer gaming - Major Skills Utilized: Ruby, Rails, UI/UX, matching algorithm design, product design, project management - Mid Project: Birdwatch: Location-based app for identifying bird species in your vicinity. - Major Skills Utilized: HTML, CSS, Foundation, Underscore.js
- GreenlingDigital Strategy Lead, 2013 - 2013Cross functional digital strategy consultant. • Worked alongside Greenling founders and leadership teams to develop and execute strategies around customer acquisition, customer retention and increasing average order size per customer. • Developed frameworks for digital initiatives prioritization across all acquisition channels. • Creation of high level customer driven analytics resulting in deeper understanding of high value customers and purchase behavior. • Interim project manager and coordinator for Greenling mobile and web initiatives. • Partnered with UX consultant in leading focus group conversations for new mobile and web properties.
- Mobile CheckoutCoFounder - Marketing, 2012 - 2013Strategic Marketing + Business Development + Competitive Strategy Finding the right fit with the right product for the right partners. I helped manage technical direction and product marketing alongside general strategy for the company.
- MoodfishFounder & CEO, 2008 - 2012• Led Moodfish as cross-functional CEO through three iterative launches, two major pivots and one major rebranding. • Led product, market and revenue strategy while managing core and part-time development teams. • Developed a/b advertising and landing page optimization plans through use of demographic and psychographic-based variables, resulting in 40% reduction in PPC and increase in qualified clickthroughs. • Developed long-term strategy plans and tactical user outreach plans resulting in increased user interaction. • Designed high-level mood, event listing and psychographic geo-based ad targeting algorithms. • Developed 'sticky' product feature sets by interviewing, analyzing and segmenting potential users through application use cases and competitive functionality comparisons. • Negotiated deals at 10% of average partner cost for access to live entertainment data feeds.
- AccentureConsultant, 2003 - 2006Consultant (Consumer Goods Client – 12/05-06/06) • Led functional design of a custom real-time analytics solution, allowing client to analyze trade promotion effectiveness across vendor stores, distributors and headquarters. • On-site project lead for software implementation in Poland resulting in 80% user adoption due to real-time resolution of functional and technical issues. • Initiated discussions with client sponsors to identify enhancements for future global application releases resulting in identification and elimination of out-of-scope requirements. ------------------------------------------------------------------- Consultant (Software Client – 03/05-11/05) • Led successful prototype design effort for software solution to integrate 80+ redundant partner relationship management systems. • Partnered with client management to gather and analyze business requirements for application prototype as well as requirements for future application releases. ------------------------------------------------------------------- Analyst (Telecom Client – 01/04-03/05) • Led 6 developers in building industry-first Siebel deployment of custom legal contract generation resulting in the elimination of approx. 3000 contracts/month from client's legal review team. • Collaborated with Accenture and client management team to determine feasibility and cost/benefit analyses of client's business requirements for Siebel contract generation.
- Target CorporationBusiness Analyst, 2002 - 2003• Delivered optimal product replenishment and distribution of $15 million of cutlery and teakettle inventory to Target stores nationwide. • Implemented kitchenware department inventory reduction program to optimize and reduce inventory overstocks resulting in 50% overall elimination of in-store and on-order excess inventory.
Do good things with good people who want more good in the world.
Hi everyone! I'm Nik.