Hi Neil, thanks for the great feedback! A few responses...
- I've done some more calibrating since creating that video to get the contrast/dynamic range more inline with real world, but it's not perfect yet. Working on it. :)
- Histogram is admittedly lower on the priority list, but I know I'll need to tackle it eventually.
- I don't totally agree with your DoF statement, as this depends on the lens (and aperture setting, of course). But like the dynamic range stuff, DoF is important to me to "get right." DoF has been the most challenging part of building CameraSim, something I'll likely be tweaking for some time.
- True, on-camera flash currently does not generate shadows due to a technical limitation. I hope to find a work-around for this, but in the mean time the on-camera flash still nicely shows (I think) how the "feel" of the photo changes drastically (many times undesirably so).
- The only process I can envision for allowing a user to set up their own scenes is some sort of "scene creation" part of the app where, say, you pick a room, pick some props, etc. This would be super cool but it represents a significant development effort. Once the other elements of CameraSim are rock-solid, I'd certainly consider expanding this app in this way.
- We're still working out the pricing details, so sorry, no info on that just yet.
Neil, I really appreciate all your feedback. Interaction like this is the only way we can know if we're building the right stuff. :)