"I’m not going to ask students and seniors and middle-class families to pay down the entire deficit, while people like me, making over $250,000, aren’t asked to pay a dime more in taxes.” - President Obama
55 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 15 previous comments
- Obama could up the $250K cap to $500K or $1M and claim compromise. I've always thought the $250K figure was set artificially low for this very reason.Nov 11, 2012
- Shee Bee+1Just because you are tired of hearing it....hiding your head in the sand will not get rid of the problem. It is not BS - the Bushes, Reagan, & Cheney are to blame for this mess - as well as an uncaring American people - NOT OBAMA. He just asks us to care!
Obama has spent $$ in an effort to save our country from a depression. He inherited the ECONOMIC CRASH - with failed car companies, banks, home mortgage infrastructure (a backbone of our government revenue, btw!), two wars with contracting monopolies that Cheney (& maybe Bushes & Kochs) benefited from PERSONALLY - ethical, legal & moral issue to say the least. With only one war & a draw down on manning etc.... It still coasts the American people $250 Billion a year - imagine what it cost for two wars? Obama inherited almost $11 Trillion in deficit. Bush inherited a paper surplus....from Clinton's administration.
Our government under Bushes is even bigger than the Federal government reports...because the Bushes & Cheney made the Federal government DEPENDENT on the use of contractors - some reports state that as much as 60% of the Federal government staff is full time Contractors. Contractors were relied on heavily...so that the Reagan, Bushes & Cheney could say that they were reducing government...while they were in actuality INCREASING IT. lol.
A lack of American citizen oversight & involvement in how government runs...is what has caused this mess. We need to start - & keep - caring about a responsible government for our future generations.Nov 11, 2012
- netNov 11, 2012
- The job "creators" are the consumers who buy products. Our tax system is one that evolved as a progressive system to the mesmerizing capacity to tax those the most who can afford it the most to the amazement of the world. Obama's campaign message was clear and forthright unlike his opponents. His message to end this economic turmoil is drastic and deliberate. Please stop repeating the rhetoric of the idiots that LOST. Their message was rejected by the people. The people want Obama;fuck the so-called job creators.Nov 11, 2012
- I wonder how our president feels about union labor?Nov 11, 2012
- Woooooohooooo FINALLY!! Someone that really knows how to run for president!!! ♥ ObamaNov 22, 2012