I'm a bit disappointed about the +Nexus
team's answer about Qi charging on their Reddit AMA: https://m.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/3mzru4/reddit_ama_w_the_nexus_team/
Why no wireless (Qi) charging: “We added Qi wireless charging starting with N4 because plugging in USB micro B was such a hassle! (Which way is up!?) With this year’s Nexii, we support USB Type-C which has a reversible connector so there’s no more guessing. AND it charges incredibly swiftly: 1% to 100% in 97 mins on the 6P for example (the first ~45 mins of charging is especially fast). Meanwhile, wireless charging adds z (thickness). So, ease of plugging in + fast charging + optimizing for thinness made us double down on Type-C instead of wireless!”
I'm a bit disappointed that the convenience must not have been seen:
1. I don't care how long it takes, I'd be asleep as long as the phone makes it through the day on its battery.
2. Cafes, bars, etc wouldn't have to provide wires or sockets and everyone carry around cables.
3. Plugging in with USB in public locations can be a security risk.
4. Plugging/unplugging every few minutes I'd annoying... Home, car, office desk, etc.
5. The USB socket had always been the first/only thing to go wrong with any of my phones. Wireless charging reduces that wear.#Android #Nexus