This is one other advantage of carrying a portable hotspot (mifi) device. Not only is it smoking fast, but you're much more secure than when you're on a public wifi network.
Do you protect yourself when using public Wi-Fi?
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- ....but you're also paying for it.Apr 30, 2012
- That is certainly a significant downside. The advantages outweight it, though, at least for me. I can meet clients wherever they want and have no problems, and I never have to pay hotels for their shoddy wifi.Apr 30, 2012
- Howard H+1Yea, I agree. Oftentimes the free starbucks wifi just can't keep up with me.Apr 30, 2012
- I'm with you, Mickey. I do the same.Apr 30, 2012
- I know that when I'm on a business trip and just doing some casual browsing, I'll use the hotel's free Wi-Fi, but when I want to log onto actual accounts, especially bank accounts, I will pull out my Verizon 4G MiFi and use it.Jun 27, 2012